Passed EX300

BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
This week I've passed EX300.
Most of my study material came from Nightshade's book and Michael Jang's book for RHEL 6. I did do some googling when I thought that some thing weren't clear.Be careful- both books have mistakes (see multiple ssl vhosts in M Jang book)
I think the exam is much harder than EX200 and time is shorter so you have to be quick. Not all the objectives were touched. We were 5 in the classroom. One guy had time to solve everything and check some of the objectives but not all.

ADVICE: REBOOT AT LEAST ONCE. WE HAD A GUY WHO SOLVED EVERYTHING AND 20 MINUTES EARLIER BUT WHEN THE COMPUTER REBOOTED HIS COMPUTER DIDNT BOOT ANYMORE-> FAIL.

I think I'll go for the SUSE certification now (I live in EUROPE and SUSE is pretty common here).
I also sugest this guide -is good for a quick recap
RHCE: My study guide « João Ubaldo Blog
I will post in the next few days the labs I've done in the next few days(except those in the books).
Good luck guys on your exams

Comments

• lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations and welcome to the elite RHCE club icon_wink.gif
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats, I'm jealous! haha
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif

I agree with the reboot thing. I remember I configured things slowly and rebooted after each major configuration to test things
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Congrats on the pass!

What's next?
    Also, what sort of experience did you have previous to taking the exam?
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • BodanelBodanel Member Posts: 214 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SUse certifications next. I have about 7-8 years playing with linux (I dont remember exactly when i started with linux). First as a desktop and continued with servers.
  • techinthewoodstechinthewoods Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! What type of employment/career do you currently have, and where do you see the RHCE taking it?
    I'm a systems engineer. Dont know exactly. I like what I'm doing. Maybe changing the work environment for diversity.
  • techinthewoodstechinthewoods Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Bodanel wrote: »
    I'm a systems engineer. Dont know exactly. I like what I'm doing. Maybe changing the work environment for diversity.

Very nice. Do you work on MS and Linux or just Linux?
    Both Windows and Linux.
  • AceRimmerAceRimmer Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif

I agree with the reboot thing. I remember I configured things slowly and rebooted after each major configuration to test things

The key is to pay attention to changes in /etc/fstab. This is basically the only place you can screw up.
    Even then, you can get out of it by booting with init=/bin/bash and editing/commenting out lines in /etc/fstab.
  • AceRimmerAceRimmer Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Bodanel wrote: »
    SUse certifications next. I have about 7-8 years playing with linux (I dont remember exactly when i started with linux). First as a desktop and continued with servers.

There is Novell's RHCE-2-NCLP exam, and all materials covering differences between RHEL and SLES are available on their web site for free.
    More info:
    RHCE -> Novell CLP (SLES 11)
    @AceRimmer

I have that course. Now I' m strugling to make my wifi card working under SUSE and I'll start with that.