Penn state Wold Campus

What do you think about Penn state world campus Master of information sciences? Is it worth the price? Are they going to accept my BSIT from WGU?

Comments

• YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    #1) They will accept your WGU degree.

#2) I would take a look at the courses involved and see if the material is what you were looking for in a Master's program.
  • higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    I personally would not go to Penn State for my Masters. I've seen some graduates come out of their for IT and were arrogant and lacked a lot of IT knowledge (one guy did not even know what a subnet was but of course that could just be him and not the school).

I looked into their master program and it sounds nice but its to heavily focused on Computer Science. I think its best to go for a Masters in Information technology and specifically something specialized in IT (Security, forensics, etc).

I also agree with Yuck.
  • phaneuf1phaneuf1 Member Posts: 131
    higherho wrote: »
    I personally would not go to Penn State for my Masters. I've seen some graduates come out of their for IT and were arrogant and lacked a lot of IT knowledge (one guy did not even know what a subnet was but of course that could just be him and not the school).

I looked into their master program and it sounds nice but its to heavily focused on Computer Science. I think its best to go for a Masters in Information technology and specifically something specialized in IT (Security, forensics, etc).

I also agree with Yuck.

Did you check the master of the wolrd campus? I don`t see any programming courses there...
    Penn State | Online Master in Information Sciences | Course List
    phaneuf1 wrote: »
    Did you check the master of the wolrd campus? I don`t see any programming courses there...
    Penn State | Online Master in Information Sciences | Course List

O wow, no I did not. The world campus is a bit different I must say. The courses do seem a bit interesting. Is it cheaper than 20k a year?
    My brother in law and Sister in law both went to Penn state (one went for both her masters and BA their) the other went to drexell. Her experience was that they just send out people with degree's. Her experience was back in the late 90's to early 2000's. Reading into the world campus a bit more I must say the courses do seem interesting but I would ask individuals on the quality of the material. If you can find one that has recently taken their online master program.

My brother in law did not get his Mastesr at Penn state because Drexell was a better school. Of course he was paying 40k a year though and currently works at Cornell uni. ME personally I think WGU's master programs look a bit more interesting.
  • phaneuf1phaneuf1 Member Posts: 131
    higherho wrote: »
    O wow, no I did not. The world campus is a bit different I must say. The courses do seem a bit interesting. Is it cheaper than 20k a year?

It is $27K for 33 credits. So around $13500/year