MCITP: SQL Server BI

Hey guys. Has anyone studied for this test? I am considering studying for it, or the developer SQL test. I am currently MCITP: SQL Server 2008 Administration and looking for more development knowledge, specifically SSIS/SSAS/SSRS, which is why I am first looking at the BI test. Can anyone rate the difficulty, time needed to prepare, etc for the test?

Thanks!

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I don't know anyone who has taken it. I was fiddling with the idea not that long ago but have given up as it is not really in my "job description" anymore.

I would say make sure you get a test prep softwre to assist you and study hard. With any luck when you pass the Denali beta exams will be coming out and you will be able to upgrade to the next version for free without much additional study!
  • UniqueAgEnTUniqueAgEnT Member Posts: 102
    I don't know anyone who has taken it. I was fiddling with the idea not that long ago but have given up as it is not really in my "job description" anymore.

I would say make sure you get a test prep softwre to assist you and study hard. With any luck when you pass the Denali beta exams will be coming out and you will be able to upgrade to the next version for free without much additional study!

I also do not know anyone that has taken the test yet. However, SSIS/SSAS and some SSRS will become a much larger part of my role. I will be studying this anyways and figured it would be beneficial to try to take the tests, if they are worthwhile. I have never seen a job specifically ask for this certification, but it seems like it would be a strong indicator that you know SSIS/SSAS/SSRS. What is your opinion?
    Passed the 448 last month. Studying for 452 right now and trying to take it in the upcoming weeks if possible. Then going for the database developer MCITP
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good work! +rep
  • JoeRobertsJoeRoberts Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, Unique!
    Thanks guys! Funny story, was going to take my 70-452 last weekend and when I went to the testing center, the employee said they were not able to login to Prometric server. The closest testing center is 1.5 hours away so I will be taking it in a few more weeks.

Have you guys taken the 70-433 test? I have read through part of the MS book and most if it has been review for me. Not sure how difficult the test will be.