Options

Passed 642-611 (MPLS)

unclericounclerico Member Posts: 237 ■■■■□□□□□□
I passed the MPLS exam earlier today. It was the most difficult exam I have had to do yet; not because of the content, but because of all of the glitchces. I literally finished with 15 seconds left because every sim I got ended up freezing for 20 to 30 seconds at a time. I must have lost about 10 minutes just with these three issues.

Anyway, MPLS was a blast to study for so I am bummed it is over (until CCIE that is!!). Now I am trying to determine if I should do ROUTE or QOS. I am pissed at myself though because it has been just over three years since I took and passed the BSCI for my CCNP so I could have been able to not take ROUTE. Oh well, it will only add a month of time onto the clock.

Onward and upward...
Preparing for CCIE Written

Comments

• Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Congrats! Good luck on your next test!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Good job man!
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congratulations!!!

Right now I know nothing about MPLS, but I can't wait to get into it after my CCNP! Something just spikes my curiosity about it. And now you saying how much you liked it makes me want to order some books right now lol. I know what you mean by difficult, but a blast to study for.. that's how I felt with the Route exam. I really enjoyed it. In a way I'm glad to cover new material now with SWITCH, but I think I just enjoy routing more.

Since you already had BSCI nothing will really be an eye opener for you. Good luck with your next one!! (be it Route or Qos)
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words all!

Networker, sorry, I got carried away in my post, didn't mean to say anything illegal...forgive me ? icon_smile.gif

Mrbrian, yeah MPLS is good stuff...definitely something to look forward to. Good luck with SWITCH!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    AllthingsciscoAllthingscisco Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude
    Total Pages Read Since '09: 4600

Current Read:
    QoS: 20
    IRA:30
    BGP:25
  • Options
    MoeeedMoeeed Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey man congradulations on the pass. What did you use to study?
    I passed my Route Switch and TSHoot, with full CCNP I can't find a job. So I want to do CCIP before CCIE

Please advise on the material used.

Thanks
  • Options
    I used a bunch of different materials:

Configuring MPLS on iOS
    MPLS and VPN architectures vols I and Ii
    MPLS fundamentals
    INE videos
    IPExpert audio books for when I'm in the car
    Cisco docs
    Labs

I would highly advise you to take either the BGP exam first or go for the composite exam.

As for why you cant find a job, what kind of experience do you have?
  • Options
    MoeeedMoeeed Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I work as a tech support for a VoIP provider.

I was hoping this would change after doing CCNP, I have tried to polish my resume. However I am not having any luck finding a better job.