Options

70-640 Passed!

rob_crossleyrob_crossley Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just passed my 70-640 which means i've now done the core requirements for both the Server admin and Enterprise admin. Question now is, Do I go for it and do the 3 for the enterprise or shall I just do the 1 get my Server admin and then do the other 3 exams after? Would appreciate your input and past experiences.
Study Hard! Learn Hard! Earn Hard!
"If you stop learnin, you stop earnin!"

Comments

• Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You just need one more MCTS for W2K8 Server, right? I say go for it and get your MCITP. I'm about to take my 70-642 in a few weeks. Will see how that exam goes.
  • Options
    NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Just passed my 70-640 which means i've now done the core requirements for both the Server admin and Enterprise admin. Question now is, Do I go for it and do the 3 for the enterprise or shall I just do the 1 get my Server admin and then do the other 3 exams after? Would appreciate your input and past experiences.
    Congrats on the pass!!! I am about to take the 646 for SA. It certainly couldn't hurt you to take the SA(646). You will have an MCITP and you can still work on the EA.icon_thumright.gif

Best of luck in whatever you choose!!
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    ronzillaronzilla Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on your pass. I am scheduled to take the 640 this wednesday but I feel a little weak on DNS and CA. So I may reschedule.
  • Options
    danaclarke23danaclarke23 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Im taking the 70-640 exam in 2 months
  • Options
    NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    ronzilla wrote: »
    congrats on your pass. I am scheduled to take the 640 this wednesday but I feel a little weak on DNS and CA. So I may reschedule.

When I took my 640, it was very CA heavy.
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ronzilla wrote: »

I'd give it another week or two, if you aren't feeling ready for the DNS / CA stuff. The 640 is heavy on those topics. Have you labbed them out?
  • Options
    ronzillaronzilla Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah I setup a lab and have done some practicing. I am going a little deeper into it now. Currently focusing on DNS
  • Options
    Amir21Amir21 Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Finish of the SA track since you've come this far, and round it out by completing the ciruit with the EA. That's what I'm going to do atleast.
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What are your short-term and long-term goals? Does SA get your a promotion, raise, or new job before you complete EA? If not, I would not recommend spending any time or money on it as it does not have any real value combined with an EA.

If it does have the potential to add to your short-term prospects, go for it. The 646 material has some overlap with 647 and 643 and is relatively easy, so it will be a fairly short detour from the EA goal.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    williadatechwilliadatech Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□