Options

CISCO LIVE? is it worth going?

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
hey guys

I am thinking on going to Cisco Live this year in San Diego? is it worth going for the what 4 full days?
sounds fun but would I get board in the meetings or is their some good stuff. Can you guys tell
me what could be good by going? vs watching videos of it? thanks

Comments

• Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    itdaddy wrote: »
    hey guys

I am thinking on going to Cisco Live this year in San Diego? is it worth going for the what 4 full days?
    sounds fun but would I get board in the meetings or is their some good stuff. Can you guys tell

Robert! You're alive! Good to see you on here and still active. I was going to go actually- on the company's dime, but ended up making other plans. I'll be there next year though.
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    itdaddy wrote: »
    hey guys

It depends on who's paying for the trip? If your job pays, then it is definitely worth going. If you're paying, save the money for your home lab, and watch some packet pusher podcasts later :D
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    My thoughts exactly Instant000. If work is footing the bill then I'd be all for it. If it is my dime I can find quite a few better things to spend my money on.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Mrock4 you crack me up ha-hah I know dude been away too long being IT manager and all and redesigning my entire IT System with vmware everything and playing with ASA 5510 multiple firewall contexts and vpns very fun but have neglected my 2nd love studying for CCNP and just hammered out CCNA -Sec so extending my study for CCNP so I hope to bang out CCNP by end of the year for sure SWITCH and ROUTE by Dec 2012. that is plan. Doing lots of fwl setups at a new site at work, making a hot site failover location with IPS, ASA 5510, DMZ and vpns..going to be sweet.

Yeah I can get my boss to pay for it I am sure of it...so will do will try to make it this year..if it has the words IT Manager in it I think he will flip the bill as long as I don't stay in 500 dollar a nite hotel hahahah LOL! thanks guys
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I think it would be quite an experience. I don't think my company would ever foot the bill however. Do they always have Cisco Live! on the west coast? Maybe if they had one in someplace like Philly I could go.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    if your married go for a day or 2. If your single or married and act single go every day hook up with a Hot Foreign chick, go to conferences all day booze all night, and repeat. A co worker slept with his TAC engineer years ago, so you can have a good time.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    shodown you are funny....but it does sound fun to see and meet all kinds of people getting their personal inputs.
    we shall see
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I'd love to get out to Cisco Live and some of the NANOG meetings, but it's tight on my own dime, and I haven't yet convinced the boss that it's worth the cash.

I figured one day I'll just get to be the boss and send myself!
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MY company sends quite a few people each year, sadly I have yet to be one of them icon_sad.gif
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.