Options

70-647 Banging my head against wall

Well the title says it all the 70-647 has me banging my head against the wall. I have the book sat in front of me and can't bring myself to start reading it. Time for a break me thinks may start studying for the Linux Plus and come back to it. My brain needs a rest from MS. Has anyone else had this type of Issue or any advise?? Also will the Linux plus help with the 70-647? I found that my N*X knowledge helped with the 70-642 for the BIND stuff. (Though I admit I had to look it up)icon_lol.gif
Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

Comments

• Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Yes I have been dragging my feet on 646 the material is getting old same stuff over and over from 640 and 642 I have to force myself to study.

I just have to tell myself two more test to go and I'm done and on to something new CCNA.

I would love to have just 647 to go that would renergize me real quick.

Keep your head up and just think one more to go.
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Krunchi wrote: »
    Yes I have been dragging my feet on 646 the material is getting old same stuff over and over from 640 and 642 I have to force myself to study.

LMAO yes very repetitive!!

To the OP: Keep your head up! There's nothing to it but to do it!!
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    CrikeyCrikey Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Krunchi wrote: »

I just have to tell myself two more test to go and I'm done and on to something new CCNA.

I would love to have just 647 to go that would renergize me real quick.

I'm in the exact same situation with the 642. My boss is pushing me on Sharepoint and I've started on that - got the MS book and have set it up on my home lab.

I'm struggling with whether to keep on the MCITP SA track or go for Sharepoint at this moment. Not sure if it's smart to try both.
  • Options
    Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    Well think am gonna start this off tonight and see how I get on. icon_smile.gif Linux Plus will have to wait me thinks as Will just be thinking about this while am trying to study it.

@ Krunchi Have been at it for best part of 14 months so far. So keeping the brain going is getting hard. You should Enjoy the CCNA I loved it, and the exam is more fun. :D

@ NOLAJ thanks will have to get my head down and get this done.

@ Crikey I would ask is your boss gonna give you a pay rise for doing Sharepoint? If not then get your SA done.
    Currently reading: Syngress Linux + and code academy website (Java and Python modules)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'
  • Options
    CrikeyCrikey Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, leaning that way. I would get a performance bonus for either, and since I'm already halfway in, might as well knock it out. Problem is, at this stage of the game, Sharepoint is more interesting. icon_biggrin.gif

Not for Sharepoint per se, but I have gotten raises and bonuses for performance in the past. I will concentrate on getting the SA like you suggested.

Sharepoint will have to be in my (little, if any) free time. Problem is, I'm more psyched about it than the SA...
  • Options
    Ch@rl!3m0ngCh@rl!3m0ng Member Posts: 139
    Crikey good luck with the SA am sure you will kill it. I finally started banging out some revision for this yesterday. I have decided to use some videos to help with the revision (Something have not done before) Have started using Trainsignal. Its not too bad but has me worried as Have watched 2 videos while at work and made notes along the way. But the fact that it all seems like common sense so far has me worried that it maybe lacking quiet a bit. Has anyone else used these?? if so what did you think? Am not taking this exam lightly and want to make sure I get a P first time. (Well hopes I do) Failed couple of these exams once and then took 3 months to re-revise for each! Not something am gonna have time for this year me thinks.