Basic OEM Certs on resume?

TheCudderTheCudder Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm currently working as a Desktop Support Tech and while doing so I have obtained HP & Lenovo Warranty & Desktop/Laptop Servicing certifications. These were rather simple on-line/completed while at work certs but are required in order for me to be able to order parts. Would you guys even bother including these basic certs on a resume?
B.S. Information Technology Management | CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Security+ | Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance (In Progress)

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If you are going for similar type of work that requires someone to have these then yes I'd put them on there. If you are going to be going for a position that doesn't require these its probably a waste of space IMO.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Agreed. Sysadmin at an HP or Lenovo shop? Sure. Security engineer, network admin, etc.? Not worth the space.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    If your CV/resume is a bit lacking in certain areas, I would put them in. However since they are not qualifications as such, I'd put them in a section called "Training". This is to show that you've continued with your CPD (continuing professional development).

However if you've got other things to put in your CV, put those instead.
  • WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    TheCudder wrote: »
    I'm currently working as a Desktop Support Tech and while doing so I have obtained HP & Lenovo Warranty & Desktop/Laptop Servicing certifications. These were rather simple on-line/completed while at work certs but are required in order for me to be able to order parts. Would you guys even bother including these basic certs on a resume?

Yes. Believe it or not, they actually can get you hired over someone else as some DST jobs do involve direct repair of OEM hardware by you instead of someone else at a depot. Could one consider them irrelevant? Yes. But to some, they are required by the job.