passed route + lil exam story

martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
hello gentlemen i proudly report back from my route exam, did quiet well but as always bad luck with the testing center icon_rolleyes.gif

first everything went real smoot - even the ? worked but when i had 4 questions to go the whole testengine crashed an i had to continue at another pc with a non US keyboard. i called the attendent agein because keyboard layout was pretty much **** up in a mixture of US and whatever keys. they changed the keyboard twice but it refudes to work, so i had to complete my last simulation guessing stuff like - / and ? didnt work at all.

so as you see its always a good thing to have your ios in memory...

but now im going to have a beer (or 6) and take some sleep (didnt get any last night :D)
And then, I started a blog ...

Comments

• SteakuddinSteakuddin Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations on the pass. great job, awesome achievement.

i can somewhat relate to your experience - it happened when i took my ccent, computer crashed mid-exam, then couldn't be fixed. i called cisco, they said i would have to retake the exam from the beginning, this exam will be cleared and wiped out. so took it again next week at a different testing center, worked out at the end.

again, congrats, i'm taking my SWITCH in early-to-mid April, followed by ROUTE, TSHOOT.
  • martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    thank you.

i guess i would have gone riot - imagine you learned REAL hard for the route exam of ccnp and you KNOW you have it under control and after one hour and 30 minutes the engine goes BOOM 4 questions before the end ...

hope the exam validating engine wont sort me out because last sim took me bout 35 minutes because of switching keyboards and machines ....
  • wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Congrats!! Pleased to hear you passed.

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP
    thanks wave.

didnt expect the pass - to be honest. but the route exam is really fair hope to perform as good on the upcomming switch exam :D
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats martell1000!! I passed my Route exam today too, go figure. Pretty good day huh? Now I'm off to Switch how about you?

I agree about having a beer, or 6, lol
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
    high five mr brian, good job!

just cured out my hangover and will jump into switch material next week. did you get any materials yet? think i will do some research about books and start watching the ebay because i need another 3550 for my home lab...
  • borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey, congrats on the pass. I had a similar issue when I took my route test, I had taken my 2nd attempt on the day before the test was going to be retired and on question 32 it locked up on me with about 45 minutes left for time. The lady made some calls and then when she moved me over to another computer to begin from where I left off. I logged in and it said my exam time was finished and failed me with a score in the mid 600's, she was able to call them again and I had to take the test over from the beginning and luckily I passed it. :)
    omg...
    i guess i would have started crying having to start this thing over again after beeing 90% complete...

did you at least get the same question or a completely new test?
  • CiscoCertsCiscoCerts Member Posts: 112
    omg...
    i guess i would have started crying having to start this thing over again after beeing 90% complete...

did you at least get the same question or a completely new test?
    I can assure you he signed the same NDA.
  • aldousaldous Member Posts: 105
    congrats on the pass. might be worth taking the issue up with pearson vue as despite passing its still not right and you might get a reduced price test / money off next test
    thank you. i already filed the issue to them. lets see if they react.
  • thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello gentlemen i proudly report back from my route exam, did quiet well but as always bad luck with the testing center icon_rolleyes.gif

first everything went real smoot - even the ? worked but when i had 4 questions to go the whole testengine crashed an i had to continue at another pc with a non US keyboard. i called the attendent agein because keyboard layout was pretty much **** up in a mixture of US and whatever keys. they changed the keyboard twice but it refudes to work, so i had to complete my last simulation guessing stuff like - / and ? didnt work at all.

so as you see its always a good thing to have your ios in memory...

but now im going to have a beer (or 6) and take some sleep (didnt get any last night :D)

Good job. icon_lol.gif

What would you suggest me to focus on for the CCNP Route ? (in case of topics) and what materials did you study from ?
    Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

thank you.

there is just one advise i can give you: LAB LAB LAB ...

i used the FLG, Cbtnuggets & INE videos, GNS3 and various labs from gns3vault.com

this here:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp/71180-ccnp-route-lab-manual-cisco-academy.html

will be veeery usefull. unfortunately i discovered this lab manual after the pass. having glanced at it yesterday i would definatly recommend it.
    would even suggest buying this thing if you dont like to read pdfs.
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Just as martell said, LAB! Lab every technology you read about multiple times. Eigrp stubs, offset lists, distribution lists, ospf virtual links, policy routing, redistribution, bgp, ipv6 if you can.. Don't just be satisfied with setting up basic eigrp or ospf, you really need to know how to implement any of the technologies the material covers. After doing that continuously over a long period of time, basic configs will be a breeze for you! And you'll be able to instantly think of ways that you could influence routes in different ways.
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi