Finally after 4 years of this damn track its over

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
I started studying for my CCVP back in the 4x versions, passed the old CIPT, old CVOICE then lost my VOIP job. Worked NOC's and got all the way up to Sr Network Engineer for route/switch, but I couldn't get a Voice job. Took a support job which was a huge step back and started all over getting the CIPT1, and Cvoice on the 6x tracks, Then had to take a break to do nexus and other specialization certs. So I got started back on the track around August of last year and finally finished today. Taking a week or 2 off and starting the 200 hours of CCIE Written prep. I could prob pass it with a hard month or 2 of studying, but I'm going to try to do it the recommended way.
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    shodown wrote: »
    I started studying for my CCVP back in the 4x versions, passed the old CIPT, old CVOICE then lost my VOIP job. Worked NOC's and got all the way up to Sr Network Engineer for route/switch, but I couldn't get a Voice job. Took a support job which was a huge step back and started all over getting the CIPT1, and Cvoice on the 6x tracks, Then had to take a break to do nexus and other specialization certs. So I got started back on the track around August of last year and finally finished today. Taking a week or 2 off and starting the 200 hours of CCIE Written prep. I could prob pass it with a hard month or 2 of studying, but I'm going to try to do it the recommended way.

Hammer the written in two months and then press on the lab prep is my advice. You have the goods but need to get mobilised. Let this year be a good slog accumulating your R&S lab hours. A foundation year for an attack on the lab in 2013. Sorry CCVP took so long but real life took over. Many dumped CCVPs working Mc jobs these days. Think what you have learned along the way :)
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats man! icon_cheers.gif

Which IE track - Voice?
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Of course, I'm not going to do Route/switch there is no real interest in the majority of it. Maybe it will change over time, but for the time being not my cup of tea. CCNP is good enough for me.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    shodown wrote: »
    Of course, I'm not going to do Route/switch there is no real interest in the majority of it. Maybe it will change over time, but for the time being not my cup of tea. CCNP is good enough for me.

Ah sorry. I thought you were going for CCIE R&S. Well, good luck with CCIE Voice.
  • stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats I bet you're glad it's over with, taking my first test next week, CVoice.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It's about time ;)
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.