Picked up 6 7940's... What else do I need?

Cleaning out a office today I picked up 6-10 7940's or might be 7960's and a 3550 POE switch. What would be the recommendation on routers/hardware to get these working? Do I just need a router with Cisco call manager or ? CCNA Voice is one of my goals for this year so this is a good starting point. Thanks in advance.
Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013

Comments

• gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pick up a Router and also pick up a Cisco Unified Communication Manager Image version 8 or 7 should be fine off on ebay and run it on vmware.
  • themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    So like a 2611XM or should I go for a 2800/1800 series? How about a CME unit?
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
  • themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    Also... With like a 2651XM with CME 4.1 installed, can I set it up with a SIP provider to actually use the phones? Or would I be just stuck to getting an voice interface card to plug into a POTS line?
  • stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you find a 2800 series router for the low, I would def. get one of those, it'll carry you through to the CCNP: Voice stuff as well, the new certs focuses on features that requires IOS 15 and Unified 8.x versions. Good choice on the 3550 switch and phones too.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore