ICND2 Material

fluk3dfluk3d Member Posts: 141 ■■■□□□□□□□
I purchased the cbtnuggets icnd2 material, and I already have the Todd Lammle CCNA book however; are there sections I could skip in the book instead of starting from scratch.

I like Todd as an author and his stuff isn't dry when reading it I wish he had an ICND2 book but I couldn't find any..
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Comments

• cpohladcpohlad Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Best thing to do is look at the Exam Topics at Cisco:
    https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4977

and cross-reference that with your Table of Contents in Lammle's book.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    fluk3d wrote: »
    I purchased the cbtnuggets icnd2 material, and I already have the Todd Lammle CCNA book however; are there sections I could skip in the book instead of starting from scratch.

No??? It's always good to review the same material again. Even if you know it or you think you know it.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□

I like Todd as an author and his stuff isn't dry when reading it I wish he had an ICND2 book but I couldn't find any..

His new book (7th) has it broken out for the different exams. You must have the 6th Edition.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • fluk3dfluk3d Member Posts: 141 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome, I'll check when I get home
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□

This is from Todd on his forum -

I wrote my latest CCNA 7th edition book to cover the latest objectives and information for all three exams: ICND1/ICND2/CCNA Composite. The reason that this wasn't any harder than writing two books is that there is a lot of overlapping information on both the ICND1 and ICND2 exams.

For the ICND1 exam, study these chapters:
    1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16

For ICND2 exam, study these chapters (assuming you've passed ICND1):
    5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

For CCNA composite, obviously study all chapters.

hth
  • epicdeanepicdean Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ltat42a wrote: »

I wrote my latest CCNA 7th edition book to cover the latest objectives and information for all three exams: ICND1/ICND2/CCNA Composite. The reason that this wasn't any harder than writing two books is that there is a lot of overlapping information on both the ICND1 and ICND2 exams.

hth

Thanks I also need clarification on this.
  • fluk3dfluk3d Member Posts: 141 ■■■□□□□□□□

hth

Thanks a lot! I have the 7th edition book so I'll just mark up those chapters and go through them!
  • mallyg27mallyg27 Member Posts: 139

hth

I don't know why it says skip chapter 10 though for the ICDN2 because RSTP is part of the exams topics.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No??? It's always good to review the same material again. Even if you know it or you think you know it.

Truth. Rep earned.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams