Question About Studying for Project+

RPGChaiRPGChai Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am having to take this cert test for school, and need to knock it out fairly quickly (~1 month). I have taken a couple of Project Management classes through work, and have taken part in several projects there as well.

I guess my question is: How long did it take you to study for this exam? Is my goal of getting this done in a month reasonable? Could it be done faster?

Thanks for any insight you all can give :).

Comments

• tr1xtr1x Member Posts: 213
    RPGChai wrote: »
    I am having to take this cert test for school, and need to knock it out fairly quickly (~1 month). I have taken a couple of Project Management classes through work, and have taken part in several projects there as well.

I guess my question is: How long did it take you to study for this exam? Is my goal of getting this done in a month reasonable? Could it be done faster?

Thanks for any insight you all can give :).
    I did it in just a couple weeks, it's an easy exam and just involes a little memorization and some common sense. Read the Sybex Project+ book on books24x7 and take the practice tests at the end of each chapter and you'll do fine. You can use ucertify too if you go to WGU but I didn't really use that. I knew nothing about project mangent going into it by the way, so you're already a lot better off than I was. Good luck!
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    One month and I failed. I took it a second time after another month of studying and passed by 300 points. I think it can be done in one month just don't underestimate it, which I am sure you won't.
  • RPGChaiRPGChai Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the insight, guys! I have been told that this test is no joke, and not to take it lightly, so I will take what you have said into consideration and study like a madman to get this done in time. Thanks!
  • NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Good thread. I'm looking to knock this out before this term ends. Thanks for the tips Tr1x.icon_thumright.gif
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    I used the Project+ Sybex book and took the test 10 days after I started studying. Passed with an 870ish. I haven't had any project management experience before this book. The worst thing is how horribly boring that topic is.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Good info! Good luck on your test.

Would anyone say a Project + cert would help with a Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst role? I know it won't suffice for good ole experience, but it may help in obtaining this type of role, correct?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I don't understand how some of yall are passing this test with only months of study and less. Especially since some of the information is boring lol.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I don't understand how some of yall are passing this test with only months of study and less. Especially since some of the information is boring lol.

I didn't man. I failed it the first time and then studied again. 2 months total
  • dajohnsodajohnso Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd say it probably isn't that boring if your in a position where project management is key.