Options

CCDP Passed

wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
This was my second take of the ARCH exam. Passed with a 902 this sit. The first take I used the FLG, CBT Nuggets for 642-873, and a lot of the SRND design guides referenced in the FLG. After a fail the first time I re-read the FLG and made better notes of the areas I was deficient in from the first fail.

Going to take two to four weeks off from studying and then start up my CCIE R&S studies.

Can't wait for work to be over so I can get drunken_smilie.gif.

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Congrats man!

I'm studying for this one so hopefully I'll clear it in the next few months, any good tips?
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    I'm studying for this one so hopefully I'll clear it in the next few months, any good tips?
    The FLG covers most of what they ask on the exam but might not go deep enough on all the necessary topics. I highly recommend reading most, if not all, the reference materials listed at the end of each chapter.
  • Options
    Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats on the pass!
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    wirerat wrote: »
    The FLG covers must of what they ask on the exam but might not go deep enough on all the necessary topics. I highly recommend reading most, if not all, the reference materials listed at the end of each chapter.

Cool, thanks for the tip!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    Cool, thanks for the tip!

Congratulations, Going to try for the CCDE after CCIE:R&S?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Congratulations, Going to try for the CCDE after CCIE:R&S?
    It is a dream but I am not sure if it will ever become a reality.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    wirerat wrote: »
    It is a dream but I am not sure if it will ever become a reality.

What I'm hearing is "Yes, I will be a CCDE after I get my CCIE:R&S" :P
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams