Options

MS Press books vs the official microsoft courses

i've taken the MCSE official courses at school, are the ms press books the same as these books

i'm just looking for more info on each test's objectives

i got the sybex set with the netsim lab software

i just want a thorough understanding and not just study to "pass the test"

any recommendations for books besides the official courses and sybex?

thanks a bunch
get back to studying!!!

Comments

• Options
    spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    the course and the sybex books should cover everything you need to know, but if money is no object the CBT's are very, very good.

the syngress series are another good book, or the exam cram as a quick filler.
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    MOC and the MS Press books are not the same. MOC is designed to be delivered to students sitting in front of a computer being taught and actually going through exercises with the tuteledge of an instructor (Just take a look at how thick the MOC binders are). The MS Press books are designed for self study more than anything else. This is not to say that some training organizations don't use the MS Press books for classes. But if it is an Official Microsoft Course (see http://www.microsoft.com/learning for particular courses for a particular certification or exam), then Microsoft holds that it should only be taught using MOC.
  • Options
    jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    thanks, just wondering because the ms press books seem a little different in that they offere actual practice questions so i was wondering if the content was the same, the MOC books are pretty thick

thanks alot guys
    get back to studying!!!