CISSP to be administered via Pearson VUE

spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
No more waiting for results! I'm calling this morning to see if I can move my previously scheduled exam in April to the VUE version. Just in case I get cold feet. icon_lol.gif
Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I think you still have to wait for your online exam results, just not as long as with the paper-based exams. Contact the (ISC)2 and ask and then post back here.
  • shellee1983shellee1983 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am supposed to take the test in May but I am worried because my husband is supposed to be PCSing to Washington and if this is the case I could move it to online instead of taking it in Austin. Where did you find this information on the CISSP online? Any response would be super helpful to me~! Thanks!
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    https://www.isc2.org/certification-register-now.aspx

They are doing away with all paper based exams as of September 1, 2012, CISSP Concentrations and SSCP included.

I think this will devalue the certification since there is always braindumps for CBT.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice. I may actually pursue the SSCP next year. Trying to find time in my schedule is one of things that held me back from pursuing the SSCP. If I waited a couple more years I could do the CISSP. Decisions, decisions...
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am glad they are doing this for a couple of reasons and disappointed for a couple of reasons. I think scheduling will be a lot easier now since I would not have to wait for a test window in my area to open up, there was a time that there were no tests in my area for a couple of months.

The reason I am disappointed is because I thought this was how braindump sites got the exam question was from test centers taking pictures of the tests. Eventually they build up enough questions from taking the exams and then it is sold to braindump sites. I thought this was a problem overseas in places like India.
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am supposed to take the test in May but I am worried because my husband is supposed to be PCSing to Washington and if this is the case I could move it to online instead of taking it in Austin. Where did you find this information on the CISSP online? Any response would be super helpful to me~! Thanks!

Here is the official press release/announcement on the ISC2 website. I tried to schedule it for myself locally, just to see how the process works. Right off, you have to create a VUE account, regardless of whether you already have one or not, that ties in with your ISC2 account. I was able to bring up the exam but no sites are available to book it yet. Anyhow, VUE testing won't be available until June 1 so both you and I are out of luck. I called and left a message as well as an email with ISC2 to inquire about possibly transferring my booked exam in April to a VUE exam in June so as soon as I get a response I was planning to share that.
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    spicy ahi wrote: »
    I called and left a message as well as an email with ISC2 to inquire about possibly transferring my booked exam in April to a VUE exam in June so as soon as I get a response I was planning to share that.

Well, got a response email. I guess I jumped the gun a bit in trying to schedule the exam on VUE's site. The consultant said that the earliest the exam can be taken is June 2 so the sites may not have shown local availability because they may have not enabled June booking's just yet. I'd possibly have to call the site to inquire about booking it in advance. It's also possible to transfer a booked paper exam to a VUE voucher. To do so, you'd have to call the Member Services Team 866.331.4722 and coordinate with them. The $20 rescheduling fee applies to the tranfer.

In response to your inquiry JDMurray, the consultant said that most times the results should be available immediately as with any Pearson VUE examination. Only in extreme cases would it not be available immediately and those should not take longer than a week. I just shot a reply to him asking about whether the exam is linear like Cisco exams or if you can leave questions blank and go back to them later to answer them.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I am curious are they going to still require an endorsement?
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    There goes a nice source of my CPEs each year... It's a bitter-sweet announcement for many credential holders but was long overdue. I'll wait and see how things turn out.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
    I am curious are they going to still require an endorsement?
    Yes, of course. The endorsement is part of the requirement of the (ISC)2 certification and has nothing to do with the exam itself.

down77 wrote: »
    There goes a nice source of my CPEs each year... It's a bitter-sweet announcement for many credential holders but was long overdue. I'll wait and see how things turn out.
    Ah, I never thought about the poor proctors who will have now have to scrape up CPE from other sources. The (ISC)2 is stepping up their online practice exam authoring efforts, so the proctors can jump over to the educational side of the (ISC)2 and help out.
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Yes, of course. The endorsement is part of the requirement of the (ISC)2 certification and has nothing to do with the exam itself.

Ah, I never thought about the poor proctors who will have now have to scrape up CPE from other sources. The (ISC)2 is stepping up their online practice exam authoring efforts, so the proctors can jump over to the educational side of the (ISC)2 and help out.

I wish it was as simple. I looked into this process a while back and there were not nearly as many opportunities as with proctoring the written exam. While I won't have any problem obtaining the number required over the 3 year span, it does remove 6 easy CPEs and a free trip to Orlando!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
    I'm sure the (ISC)2 is looking forward to saving money by not paying for protocor's travel expenses. The same is true of us item writers getting free trips to Las Vegas, New Orleans, San Diego, etc. Exam item authoring is moving online and can now be done from our homes. The big benefit is that it's now easier to earn more CPEs than when we were traveling.