CISSP booked

spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just booked the exam this morning. D-Day is April 14. Studying off and on the last few months, with a two month break recently to take (and pass!) CCNA Security. Now it's time to buckle down and put it togther. Have the CERT CBTs which I view at work, as well as my Shon Harris 5th Ed. on PDF to read when I have spare time. Also have the Shon Harris quiz book handy to do spot checks on knowledge. Will probably purchase the quizzes from freepracticetests.org a month out to start "testing" myself and revise my studies to focus on the weak points. Have the Dummies book in the car in case I forget to bring a book along when I have to wait for the kids at practice, as well as the Syngress Press and ISC offical guides waiting in the wings if I need alternate references. Let's do this! icon_cheers.gif
Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!

Comments

• shagismshagism Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awesome. I am either going to take it on the same day or the end of April. Good luck!
  • skvskv Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck to both of you!
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Good luck brother . I had planned to take mine on March 24th but I started going through the review questions and began to panic, so I registered for the May 20th one (in my city) instead. April would have been perfect for me. Not enough time to goof off, but enough time to reinforce what I know.
  • vekozelvekozel Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wonderful! Good luck! I took it in Little Rock on 3 Feb, and I did not make it--I got a 685. Now I know what to expect, and am unsure if I should just go for it and retake it on 14 April, or take my time and wait for 30 June.
  • jennt721jennt721 Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    vekozel wrote: »
    Wonderful! Good luck! I took it in Little Rock on 3 Feb, and I did not make it--I got a 685. Now I know what to expect, and am unsure if I should just go for it and retake it on 14 April, or take my time and wait for 30 June.[/QUOTE

Don't forget that ISC2 updated their retest policies and now requires 90 days between retakes.
  • timrvttimrvt Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    good luck!!
    I guess I will attempt again (696 on 2/4/12 test) in june
    luckily they have the exam in VT a few miles away..
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    vekozel wrote: »
    Wonderful! Good luck! I took it in Little Rock on 3 Feb, and I did not make it--I got a 685. Now I know what to expect, and am unsure if I should just go for it and retake it on 14 April, or take my time and wait for 30 June.

How was the test? Hard enough that you think the extra time will help? Most of the time, if I'm that close, I want to take it right away. But if you feel you need the extra time, then maybe I have to rethink my time line.
    24 hours until test time... Officially stopped looking at any and all CISSP study materials. If I don't know it by now, I don't know it. I'm starting to get nervous though. Anyone else taking it this weekend?
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks TeK. I took the test yesterday as planned. I posted a test strategy and review bit on my blog if anyone cares to read it. I'll post a study strategy review when I receive my pass. In the meantime I'm going to spend the week catching up on all the shows I've missed out on the past months and then start studying again just in case. I'm also going to start going back and ***** the job sites to see what certs are in vogue that I can match with the work I'm doing right now to find my next target. To all that tested this weekend, good luck! To everyone that will be taking the exam soon, STUDY HARD! This test is no joke. icon_lol.gif
    This Saturday will be exactly six weeks from my test date. Two emails sent to ISC inquiring about my results. Two replies with canned 4-6 week turnaround times. My fear is that if I don't get my results by Friday (good or bad) I'm gonna ruin someone's day at ISC next Tuesday. icon_twisted.gif
  • kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was just asking in another thread if anyone has heard from you? I think I would be throwing a downright temper tantrum by now. Did you take the test in the states?
    I took it here in Hawaii. After the first email response I was ok. The second email response was a bit snarky so it ruffled my feathers a bit. If I don't get my results, I'm going to reply to the rep from the second email. Just because. icon_thumright.gif
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Hopefully you'll get your results on Friday - here's to the best!
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
    dmoore44 wrote: »
    Hopefully you'll get your results on Friday - here's to the best!

They did me one better. I got my results this morning and I PASSED! icon_cheers.gif It was funny, I forgot to put my phone on vibrate so it kept ringing every time I got an email and I finally grabbed my phone to turn it off when I received the results (312am Hawaii time) but I saw the subject line and opened it. I've been awake ever since (542am) and feeling like I chugged a case of red bull! I'm so stoked! Whoo!
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations, Spicy! I am so happy for you! :) Great job!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Way to go! Congrats!
  • kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Spicy, I was so seriously rooting for you. We Hawaiians have another CISSP to add to the fold. :)
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Congrats Spicy Ahi - well done!
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
    Thanks for the congrats all!

@Kalkan999 - yup! It's a green bottle celebration tonight!
  • parvezahmad83parvezahmad83 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation dude!!!!
    Sorry for digging up an old(-ish) thread, but I figure I had to close it properly. Got an email this morning congratulating me for officially becoming a CISSP. The cert and ID card will be mailed in 4-8 weeks but I can enter the members only section (yay) and have an official ID# now. Maybe all of us TE CISSP vets can get together and create something that earns CPE points. I wonder if they allow virtual CISSP chapters...
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Hooray!!!!!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com