70-293...

gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
Right. Let me explain the situation here. I'm dur to sit this exam on the 23rd of December... And, for some strange reason, i've got a feeling i'm missing the plot with this exam big style.

I have been using the MeasureUp Software, and the MS Press Training Kit. Much of the Training Kit, just seems to be material repeated to me, and when i'm sitting practice tests at the moment, I am scoring around 82%-90%, and I've not even really read the book that closely.

I can identify weak areas, mainly this is related to Network Security in terms of the usage of IPSec and related technologies etc. A lot of the content so far seems to have been replicated between 290, 291 (the bulk of it here) and I've done Clustering as part of my studies for 284. The only really new content i've seen so far other than this is the chapter on Certificates, which i've read and fully understood yesterday. Oh yeah, and there's that lesson in Chapter 13 on about securing a Wireless network.

However, to be consistently scoring so highly on the practice exams... I feel I should go take this exam relatively quickly, because I want a break from this for a month for christmas... However, at the back of my mind, i've had a niggling feeling that i'm severely missing something big... And failure is somewhere I don't want to go again to be honest!!

What I really need is someone who has sat this exam, to really *highlight* what differences there are between 291 and 293... Because I think that's where the bulk of the 293 exam comes from.

However, I haven't misunderstood the title of this exam "Planning and Maintaining"... Whereas 291 was "Implementing, Managing and Maintaining"... There is inevitably going to be overlap... But how much?

And what's new that I should concentrate on?

This is really confusing me!!

Cheers for any help

Comments

• gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Oh yeah, apologies if this is in the wrong forum.
    Not to worry, I passed today with 825.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First, congrats on the pass! If I had taken it I would of posted some sort of reply to you. If you don't mind me asking, how was the exam compared to the 291 as you first questioned?
  • spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TeKniques wrote:
    First, congrats on the pass! If I had taken it I would of posted some sort of reply to you. If you don't mind me asking, how was the exam compared to the 291 as you first questioned?

Doddle compared to 291... but get 291 done first... If you can master 291, 293 is relatively easy.
  • gbhpboygbhpboy Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass, and thanks for the info on 293.

On another matter, have you done 70-284, Exchange 2003.

If so what is that like ?

Compared to 291, is it easier, harder, would take more time, less time.
    My knowledge on email servers could be written on the back of a stamp, but would like to get into it, and will get support from employer as well.

thanks mate.
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude..........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • PeccoPecco Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job on the pass!!!!

I'm just starting to study for 293. Do you know we can get a new forum started for 293?
    Lack of planning on your part will not constitute an emergency on my part!