Options

Passed CCNA Security

MikeO5422MikeO5422 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed today! Overall I thought it was a weird exam. I did not like the wording on a few questions. Some of the images were difficult to read as well. The sim intimidated me as it was my first time really working with SDM, but if you know the concepts you can power through them. Study material was the official exam cert guide (which i don't really recommend), self study guide, and Chris Bryant's videos.

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!

I used Chris Bryant's materials as well.

What's next?
  • Options
    MikeO5422MikeO5422 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CCNP R&S. Started reading last night. I am not sure if I should start with the routing or switching first. I figured I would start with switching because to me its less complex and probably easier to retain while I read the other book. On the other hand, if I read the routing book first it will take me a small amount of time to finish the switching book lol. Not sure what the best approach is =p.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MikeO5422 wrote: »
    CCNP R&S. Started reading last night. I am not sure if I should start with the routing or switching first. I figured I would start with switching because to me its less complex and probably easier to retain while I read the other book. On the other hand, if I read the routing book first it will take me a small amount of time to finish the switching book lol. Not sure what the best approach is =p.

I've gone the ROUTE way, only because I don't have physical switches.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Good Luck either way you go.

As I said on other threads here, the SWITCH exam was very difficult. ROUTE was much easier for me. I found the OCG for the ROUTE exam to be spot on, while the OCG for the SWITCH exam was lacking.