Job at Alienware!!!

Hey everyone,

Was wondering if any of you have any feedback on Alienware the company?

I have an interview next week for a technicians position.

Anybody worked for them?

Any feedback would be great

Thanks

Eamonn
Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I don't know much about the company other than that they do a fair amount of sponsoring in the 3D graphics industry. I love their designs. I'm sure the name will look good on your resume.

Good luck with the interview! alien.gif
  • PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Thanks Johan,

I'll see how it goes next week and hopefully it will be worthwhile.

Regards

Eamonn
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Hey everyone,

Just to let you know that i went for the job interview last week and was impressed with what i saw.

Was there for an hour with them at the interview and was shown around the company.

3 people interviewed me and i felt i did well was told they would get in touch with me in the next few days.

The only thing is that i don't know the benifits that go with the position and the reason for that is that they never told me and i never asked for the simply reason is that i was told to never asked about pay at the interview.

Some people might think that strange but i never asked in my previous employment.

What would you think if you were in my shoes?

Regards

Eamo20 :D
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Only you can make a good guess, but companies usually don't spend an hour on an interview and then show the candidate around the company if they are not going to employ him/her.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    It sounds like applicants will go through several rounds of interviews before one or more are selected. There's no reason for the interviewer to talk about pay, benefits, perks, etc. until the second or third round, so if you gotta know then you gotta ask!

As for working at Alienware, I'd do it just to dumpster-dive at their facility to find discarded hardware, cases, and promotional items. They must throw away some cool stuff.
    Thanks guys for your input much appreciated.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Regards

Eamo20
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Jdmurray your always thinking ahead..haha :D
  • wexcanwexcan Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any word yet?

I thought Alienware had offshored their Tech? I'm in Dell down in Dublin, fighting to stay ahead of the offshoring trend.
    Hi wexcan,

No word yet, the position is in relation to products that they make.

The tech support is a differrent department.

What's it like working in Dell? Are you in Cherry Orchard?

Regards

Eamo20 :D
  • wexcanwexcan Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cherrywood, yeah. They're a decent company to work for but you have to watch your back to try to keep away from close encounters with redundancy. Other than that, great people, decent job etc etc
  • entzillaentzilla Member Posts: 141
    wexcan wrote:
    Any word yet?

I thought Alienware had offshored their Tech? I'm in Dell down in Dublin, fighting to stay ahead of the offshoring trend.

Heeeeey, we work for the same company. What deppartment are you in?
    CompTIA A+ Certified - July 5th, 2005