Do i really make practices on my own on SDM to beat the CCNA Sec?

thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
If i d not need to, i'll be happy. Hence, i wasted my two days with such freakin' crap. icon_redface.gif (yet, not able to execute this piece of stuff)

Without making practices, how am i supposed to deal with SDM? Any way?
Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Look up how to do something in google using SDM and follow the steps???
    If you have the CCNA:Security book by cisco press then it should be kinda easy to follow by the pictures.

Maybe you should take a break from SDM if you're having a difficult time learning how to use it.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well, the exam does cover the SDM interface, and some questions can only be answered if one worked with SDM before. One can probably still pass the exam without knowing SDM, though I personally would not like to put the goal at risk just because of my feelings towards a piece of program. It's just a usual app, much like many others used for managing devices.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Actually, the new CCNA:S, 640-554 doesn't include the SDM according to what I've read, but instead uses the CCP. So, if your studies are just beginning you can sit for the newer exam and not worry about SDM.

ETA: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-security/75077-new-ccna-security-test.html
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • thedramathedrama Member Posts: 291 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Look up how to do something in google using SDM and follow the steps???
    If you have the CCNA:Security book by cisco press then it should be kinda easy to follow by the pictures.

Maybe you should take a break from SDM if you're having a difficult time learning how to use it.

Are you kidding me? i never missed anything about it cos i looked about it very carefully. I performed much more than googleing, read many many possible solutions. Still, doesn't work. i tried almost all versions of IE firefox and dozens of java versions. Still no go.

Nevertheless, i have to. i can not waste my day anymore with it. what i'm applying will be watching videos related to how SDM works, what features it has, which technologies can be implemented on with what optiions.
    Monster PC specs(Packard Bell VR46) : Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.2 GHz CPU , 4096 MB DDR3 RAM, Intel Media Graphics (R) 4 Family with IntelGMA 4500 M HD graphics. :lol:

5 year-old laptop PC specs(Toshiba Satellite A210) : AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9 GHz CPU, ATI Radeon X1200 128 MB Video Memory graphics card, 3072 MB 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM. (1 stick 2 gigabytes and 1 stick 1 gigabytes)