Options

new ccna exam

alimoealimoe Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
What will be the difference with the 604-807 coming out? Isn't supposed to be more difficult?? I also read someome mention that there will be a combiniation with the 640-607 and 640-801 where one can elect to take?? Does anyone know anything about this??

Comments

• Options
    jpinoniemijpinoniemi Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    640-801 is the new exam. Here is the webpage from Cisco:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/certprog/lan/programs/ccna.html

I have purchased the hardware to start my studies, but have to wait for the books from Cisco Press, they wont be published until 8/14/03.

You can either take the 640-801 alone or take it in a 2 test format, taking the 640-811 ICND and 641-821 INTRO.
  • Options
    alimoealimoe Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    do you know the difference between the stand alone test and the combination test... which one is suppose to be more challenging??
  • Options
    ArocksArocks Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It won't be difficult, it just a another way to make more $$$$$$$$$$$$$... first we were paying for 1 CCNA exam, now we have to pay for 2 exams...

its all about $$$$$$$$$$..
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Actually, it's supposed to be for people who have trouble taking one test. Cisco divides the test up into two parts and has you take both separately. This should make it so you only have to study half of the material at a time, which will undoubtedly make your chances of passing much higher. You can still become CCNA by taking only one test, but they have introduced the two tests to make it much more manageable for test takers.

Cheeblie