setting phones back to default

I setup cme on my 2811 at work for testing purposes. I have 2 7945g phones that have all my configs and they call eachother its great! My question is whether there is a way to reset the phones to there default settings on the cli. I tried ephone 2, reset, it resets the config but since I have dhcp running it registers and the configs are back on. do I have to connect the phone to a power brick so it doesnt look for the tftp server and punch some sort of sequence on the keypad such as **#.

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Reset 7900 Series IP Phones if Password is Set  [Cisco Unified IP Phone 7900 Series] - Cisco Systems

but the phone will just re register any way.

What u want to do is go under the ephone and say no ephone x that will remove the phone from CME so it wont try to register.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • RakuraiRakurai Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Or you can go into the phone and turn DHCP off so it wont pull the CME or TFTP info, and then reset the phone to defaults.
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well the guys here believe or they heard they can reset phones to the default settings from cme web browser and cli. I work for a independant cisco reseller and he wants to reset the phones to default so when he resells its has no configs. Phones are connected to a 3560poe with goes into 2811. He said he seen this other guy from another place reset 24 phones at once.

Which does sound more efficient instead of resetting a phone at a time on the key pad. I personally dont know cme in depth. They asked me to set it up for them. I took some time to set it up even got phones calling each other which made my day.
    well the phone never has its config until it talks to the CUCM or CME if its a SCCP phone. So if they just want to sale them you should perform a factory reset on the phone just like you do before you sale a router/switch.

You can always to a CME and reset, or restart a phone, but all it does it make new configuration changes active, it won't take away anything. If these phones have CTL files or things of that nature you will have no choice but to factory reset them as thats the only way you can get rid of that config.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express System Administrator Guide - Resetting and Restarting Phones  [Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express] - Cisco Systems

above is the difference between reset and restart. I haven't heard of doing this from the CME, but I've been in voip arena long enough to know I don't know it all.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    ok did the factory reset with it powered with a power brick. It only boots to the upgrading screen. I reconnected it to the switch to see if it loads. I gets an ip and says term45.default ok but keeps powering off and cycling back to the upgrading screen. First time i connected them they upgraded and they were configured by dhcp. Now nothing hope I didnt brick them.
    no they are fine. Without TFTP they just sit there and scroll. They are just paper weights without a system to tie them 2.
    Currently Reading

Well I have them connected back to my 3560poe switch. where they registered before but now for the last 15 minutes its been cycling with the upgrading screen. this is in my sh run.

tftp-server flash:apps45.8-3-1-22.sbn
    tftp-server flash:cnu45.8-3-1-22.sbn
    tftp-server flash:cvm45sccp.8-3-1-22.sbn
    tftp-server flash:dsp45.8-3-1-22.sbn
    tftp-server flash:jar45sccp.8-3-1-22.sbn
    tftp-server flash:SCCP45.8-3-2S.loads
    tftp-server flash:term45.default.loads ---this files is detected says OK then cycles, powers off then on back to upgrading
    tftp-server flash:term65.default.loads

when i originally registered it, it did have an old config the menu and settings were accessible. Do you think I have a file missing?
    do a debug tftp events see if your missing anything. If that doesn't work make sure your Option 150 info is setup correctly. Also do another reboot. There is something that happens with the reload that I just can't think off right now cause i'm pretty tied up.
    Currently Reading

I looked on some boards and people stated once you do the factory reset I places the phone into an older firmware version. Many ppl urged not to do it. Once that happens its best to change the option 150 address from the cme router to a tftp server on my pc. Sure enough it worked installed all the files except for the .xml files. I had to change option 150 address back to the cme router so it can finish the install.
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Sounds like it would have just been easier to delete the ephone config in CME, and then clear the directories from the phone itself (single option from the phone menu to clear the contents of placed/received directories).
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT