MCDST 70-272 has anyone taken it?

wickedkin6s44wickedkin6s44 Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm just wondering has anyone taken the 70-272 test yet for their MCDST?

I'm taking it sometime this week. Haven't decided on it yet. Please let me know if the Sybex Study Guide is enough.

Thanks I really do appreciate it!

-wickedkin6s44

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I took the 272 Beta, a while back. Passed, with no studying, other than just daily use of XP. When I went for 271, I used a course M$ put out to assist with both exams. I went through both courses, and I think they're probably enough to pass. You can get the course info here. You'll need a M$ passport Id to access it. I did use the Sybex to pass 210, and I have the MCSE2K set of Sybex. Going through, the knowledge is there, if you read it, you will learn. But for practicality purposes, the excersises are a pain in the ass. I did a few exactly like they say, and I don't get the correct result. Not sure if it's an error in type or what, but either way, the Sybex books are not too bad to study with. If you already have the 272 book, I think that, along with a quick glance at the above free course, you should be all set to pass 272.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
    Please let me know if the Sybex Study Guide is enough.

Thanks I really do appreciate it!

-wickedkin6s44

Don't know about Sybex, but I used Exan Cram2 & Transcender for both exams and passed the 1st time taking each one. BTW, I also used the free M$ course that Ricka 182 talked about.

Check out MS learning site! ...... icon_rolleyes.gif
    Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
    - Master Yoda
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    I used MS press books & Transcenders for both icon_wink.gif Not too sure about sybex but I tend to just stick with MS as far as self-study material... I think 70-271 is harder than 70-272 icon_lol.gif
  • wickedkin6s44wickedkin6s44 Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cool I did that website already too and everything just seems pretty easy.

Thanks for the response fellas I'll go test sometime this week. Wanted to test tomorrow but no slots. Probably take it this weekend.

thanks again
  • gigionegigione Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know if you pass 70-271 if a certificate is sent to you? For an MCP level.
    gigione wrote:
    Does anyone know if you pass 70-271 if a certificate is sent to you? For an MCP level.

You receive a certificate for becoming an MCP once you request your welcome kit. You'll receive an email with more info once you pass any M$ exam, including 271.
  • gigionegigione Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What's the usual time frame for that email?
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just curious, how many questions are on each of these exams? I'm teaching it in Feb, and scheduled to sit the exams tommorrow.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Maybe someone who actually took these exams can confirm it, but if I remember correctly, it's 50 each. Good luck :)
    My 272 had 62 questions, but that was in Beta, and 271 had 50 questions.
    Ricka182 wrote:
    My 272 had 62 questions, but that was in Beta, and 271 had 50 questions.

Thanks guys. My 271 had 61 questions and 272 had 50. I passed both of them. And Ricka is right. If you've done a reasonable amount of support in and predominantly XP/Office environment, you should be fine with just studying the MS learning link Ricka posted. There seemed to be a lot of questions geared towards seeing if you know where, what, when, and why to click certain places for certain things. I also remember there being quiet a few questions about IE privacy and security settings, Remote Desktop questions, and driver questions. I thought they were both pretty fair exams. However, they were a little more difficult than I thought. I scored above 900 on both, but I actually had to think about a number of the questions before I answered them. Amazing how fast us old people forget that nit picking help desk stuff once we haven't done it in a while. icon_lol.gif
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Keatron. Yeah I thought the 272 was surprisingly harder than the 271. Most people think it's the other way around.
    congrats K!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats with the new addition to the list!