Microsoft Changes Certificates?

sharpescaladesharpescalade Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
..ok so after 3 1/2 months I get my welcome kit for my MCP..

Its such a major disappointment, it looks NOTHING like the usual cert and ID card!

Its white and blue?!

mcp.jpg

Has anyone seen this or did I get the wrong KIT?

I finished the 70-272 exam. The cert is thin as tissue paper and no security background, It shows its from Singapore. The welcome shipping kit DOUBLES as a cert holder, all mangled from shipping and everything, WTF?

The ID card has NO front hologram logo, its on the BACK?!....this kit is worse than CompTIA kits and I am really upset about waiting this long and getting this!

Can anyone help me figure out if this is how Microsoft does thier new certs now or what??

VegasCustoms@yahoo.com

I was expecting this:

mcp1.jpg

VegasCustoms@yahoo.com
Compaq Accredited Professional ~ HP Systems Engineer ~ CompTIA A+ ~ CompTIA Network+ ~ CompTIA i-Net+ ~ CompTIA HTI+ ~ CompTIA Project+ ~ CompTIA Security+ ~ INTEL Certified Solutions Provider

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    It looks like they changed the design and materials, probably to save money. You got shafted.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Don_PADon_PA Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What do you think you will get when you get your MCSA Rick?? icon_lol.gif Chris I got the same two certificates last month when I completed my MCDBA and MCSE Messaging Exchange 2000 Server and I don't mind because you still get a good ID card and lapel pin. icon_cool.gif What I don't like is my damn mailman/person who fold the large envelope and bends it into my small mailbox. I flaten it out anyway. Oracle gives you a nice light beige certificate but no ID card or lapel pin icon_confused.gifangel.gif
    CCNA CCDA CWSP CWAP CCA HP Laser Printers MCTS MCSE 2003 JNCIA JNCIS
  • Crucio666Crucio666 Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wow, i'm glad i got my card and cert already =/
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    So far the CISSP certificate is the nicest one i've gotten. Followed closely by C|EH.
  • jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    It seems that m$ did so due to their certs being copied. I do like the new look but the old certs looks much better.
    What next?
  • fualkerfualker Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have been waiting 3 months for mine, I guess there is still hope.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    fualker wrote:

Have you contacted Microsoft? mcphelp@microsoft.com.

Have you went to the MCP member site and requested your welcome kit?
  • Crucio666Crucio666 Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    keatron wrote:
    fualker wrote:

Have you contacted Microsoft? mcphelp@microsoft.com.

Have you went to the MCP member site and requested your welcome kit?

and also, dont forget you have to verify your address after requesting it.
  • fualkerfualker Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I actually had to call them to request the packet after I took the test becasue there was a problem with the access code they gave me. I called a couple weeks ago and found out that they had two MCP ids for me and they didn't even see that I passed my last cert. I had to send in my request for a packet again and now i'm trying to get with my testing center to have my info for the 290 sent back in. As long as I get it all taken are of before I take the 291 I really don't care.
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    keatron wrote:
    So far the CISSP certificate is the nicest one i've gotten. Followed closely by C|EH.

Does anyone have a picture of the CISSP or the CEH certificate?