Options

CEHv7: Last minute tips

the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
Have my test in two days (March 15th)...I'm excited, and a little nervous. But I feel well prepared. I took the official iLearn course and also used the Sybex practice tests. Any last minute tips? Thanks...icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I do not have any last minute tips for you but good luck on the test!

How long did you prepare for the CEH?
  • Options
    Approx 3 months. Plus I just recently landed a job working vulnerability analysis on an enterprise network for the air force, so I've gotten some decent hands-on too. Not so much with pen-testing, but with scanning, footprinting, enumeration, etc...
  • Options
    ajd86ajd86 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed my exam about 2 weeks ago. I'd say definitely be comfortable with available switches and options in the various tools you've come across (nmap is the obvious one, but be comfortable with other common tools). Also, know your TCP flags very well. Know what each flag indicates and know which flags are set at different times. If you took an official CEH course and have access to the slides, peruse each module and take in as much as possible.

Honestly, if you've studied for 3 months or so and have some hands-on experience, you should be fine. It's not as tricky of an exam as some others, so relax and feel confident in what you studied. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I'll give an update after I take it.
  • Options
    I PASSED WITH 94%. Now time to start studying for ECSA :D
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    the_hutch wrote: »
    I PASSED WITH 94%. Now time to start studying for ECSA :D

Congratulations on the pass!!!!

How did you like the iLearn course?

I was thinking about taking the course but it's expensive. I guess the good thing about it is that test comes with it though.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Congratulations on the pass!!!!

How did you like the iLearn course?

I was thinking about taking the course but it's expensive. I guess the good thing about it is that test comes with it though.

Thanks. I posted a full review of the course here. http://www.techexams.net/forums/ec-council-ceh-chfi/75242-ilearn-official-ec-council-course-review-cehv7.html. To be honest, I wasn't impressed. Save your money and self-study. The test isn't that hard if you know the content. The questions, though long, are very straight forward. Its not like one of those tests where you pick the "most right" answer.
  • Options
    gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grats on your new certification. Good luck with ECSA. :D
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    the_hutch wrote: »
    Thanks. I posted a full review of the course here. http://www.techexams.net/forums/ec-council-ceh-chfi/75242-ilearn-official-ec-council-course-review-cehv7.html. To be honest, I wasn't impressed. Save your money and self-study. The test isn't that hard if you know the content. The questions, though long, are very straight forward. Its not like one of those tests where you pick the "most right" answer.

Thanks for the heads up!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    ajd86ajd86 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Good luck with ECSA... I've decided to follow CEH with GPEN in a few months.