Failed BCRAN (785 out of 790)

TonyATLTonyATL Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
When I saw my score pop up on the screen, I could do nothing but bow my head. I thought that I have covered all of the basics. This was supposed to be one of the easier tests. My weakest areas were VPN/IPSec and DSL router configuration. I went to cisco's website to grab some information on those topics, and I am going to try again next Thursday.

Comments

• jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    Darn - what bad luck - GOOD LUCK next time - stay with you - you can do it.........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Sorry to hear that, did u find the exam hard? Im finally doing mine next week after getting some time off!
    also intrestingly I see you have NCTS, your the first other person I have seen with it, how did u find that one? are you going to "move up the triangle" in nortel or was that it?
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • TonyATLTonyATL Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The exam was not hard but I should have used more than one source for study material (Sybex). As for my NCTS, I work on the Merdian SL-100 and the BCM. My company paid for the NCTS, but I would not waste my time or money on trying to move up the triangle. A CCIE is a lot more respected than a NCA. It is too new. I have seen jobs posted on Nortel's website that required a CCIE.
    My company paid for the NCTS, but I would not waste my time or money on trying to move up the triangle

Agreed, I work on Meridian option 11C, 4000 and 6000 series passports so I took the exam I wont be doing any more nortel exam. I have found that nobody has heard of it over here!
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wildfire wrote:
    Agreed, I work on Meridian option 11C, 4000 and 6000 series passports so I took the exam I wont be doing any more nortel exam. I have found that nobody has heard of it over here!

Over the past 3 weeks I have had to work with a Meridian 1 Option 11C system and I hate it beyond belief. Not only does it take me forever to add a digital phone, but actually trying to figure out how to use the CLS for each phone sucks!

Now at my new job all the phones are VoIP and wow how much easier it is to configure a phone! icon_lol.gif
    Over the past 3 weeks I have had to work with a Meridian 1 Option 11C system and I hate it beyond belief. Not only does it take me forever to add a digital phone, but actually trying to figure out how to use the CLS for each phone sucks!

You not a fan of the meridian overlay system then? LOL dont blame you I dont like it at all, we use an even older technology called Network 300 which makes Option series look easy!
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wildfire wrote:
    You not a fan of the meridian overlay system then? LOL dont blame you I dont like it at all, we use an even older technology called Network 300 which makes Option series look easy!

icon_eek.gif
    I didn't think there was something older because the meridian system seems older than dirt to me. And the voicemail system!!!!! It's terrible because since the PBX is so dang old the terminal to do the commands on looks like an old atari and takes literally 5 seconds for the command to even register. And being a noob at it, if I hit the wrong button it takes even longer to back out!
  • TonyATLTonyATL Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed the BCRAN with a 932 (Finally). Now, I guess I'll move onto CIT. I am going to try to finish this exam before the end of next month. My company is sending me to Texas for CallPilot training (Nortel's Voice Mail Server - a piece of junk), but hey I never turn down free training.
    well done on passing, good score I see too, your the first person I have heard who passed it in a while, I was told its a pig at the moment. Thats why I been putting it off now for ages. anyway good luck with the CIT
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you go tony icon_thumright.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! :D

Is the CIT exam for all the marbles (your CCNP)?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!