3 certifications in 3 days.

helms20helms20 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I am taking the network+, A+ hardware, and 70-270 XP certs this week. I have the network+ first thing tomorrow and then the A+ tomorrow night. I have to take the XP cert on Thursday night as well. Any suggestions or helpful ideas to finish up my studies? I have take college courses on all three exams and these tests are my finals. Just wondering. Thanks for any input.
"Our arrows will blot out the sun."
"Then we will fight in the shade."

Comments

• jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    GOOD LUCK dude............WOW
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • helms20helms20 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□

One thing I know I need some info on is the TCP/IP suite and breakdown of protocols. I know most of them but that is the thing I am most uncomfortable with.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    rhelm2 wrote:
    One thing I know I need some info on is the TCP/IP suite and breakdown of protocols. I know most of them but that is the thing I am most uncomfortable with.
    You can find that info in the Network+ TechNotes at http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php

Make sure that you know the seven layers of the OSI model, which layer each protocol lives in, and what network port number(s) each protocol commonly uses. I memorized it by associating protocol name = OSI layer name/number = port number(s). For example: FTP = Application/7 = 20,21.
  • Crucio666Crucio666 Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can find that info in the Network+ TechNotes at http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php
    Make sure that you know the seven layers of the OSI model, which layer each protocol lives in, and what network port number(s) each protocol commonly uses. I memorized it by associating protocol name = OSI layer name/number = port number(s). For example: FTP = Application/7 = 20,21.

Thanks alot. I have seen the site and it has helped tremendously. Also thanks for the tip on memorizing the port numbers.
    Well,

I passed the NETWORK+ with a 575, **sighs a breath of relief** Tonight I have the A+ hardware exam to take and am not as worried about it as I was this one. Thanks to everyone that posted.
    CONGRATZ dude...........
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Excellent! Glad we were a help to you.

Let us know how you ace the A+ exams too!
    WOOT!!

Just passed the A+ hardware with a 784. Thanks again guys for all the help. Just one more to go.
  • stndrd_123stndrd_123 Member Posts: 113
    Congratulations! Keep it up.
    Sweet - CONGRATZ
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Keep it up!
    Finally!

I passed my 70-270 today with a 778! I am finally done with this semester. Party at my house :D
  • HavocHavoc Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job

Now you can rest until next semester :)
    -True skill comes without effort -
    SWEET - CONGRATZ dude........nice job.........what's next
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    rhelm2 wrote:
    Finally!

I passed my 70-270 today with a 778! I am finally done with this semester. Party at my house :D

Congratulations on passing all three!! Definately must be a good feeling have all three out of the way now :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Smooth! icon_eek.gif Congrats and we'd appreciate some feed back after your party.

I suggest you might wanna get back at it and top the icing on the cake with 640-801 before you call it a day icon_lol.gif

Cheers mate icon_thumright.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Impressive. Very impressive, indeed.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
    Mainly my classes were my main staple for the exams. The Net+ exam was hard due to having to know basically the whole IP stack. Also knowing every layer of the OSI model helped out along with ports and what each protocol that uses those ports do.

A+ hardware was extremely easy. I would suggest going over connectors and length limitations on standards (i.e 100BaseTX is 100 meters cable max). Other than that knowing what layer of the OSI model the routers, switches, NIC's etc.... reside on.

For the XP you basically need to know how XP works. Not the basics but knowing that Fast user switching is not available when on a domain and knowing how to identify the bottlenecks of the client system by using the performace monitor. I had about 8 questions on installation unattended and the 4 stages of the installation.

Hope this helps.
  • PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Excellent well done to you for getting them.

Keep it up.
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University
  • porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Congrats! When are you taking your OS exam to complete your A+ certification?