Discount Vouchers

Carl_S_901Carl_S_901 Member Posts: 105
I did a search here and read the related threads about discount exam vouchers already but was wondering if there were other resources or more current information.

I've found there are 3 main companies that own most of the domains that offer discount vouchers (Advanced Technology Group, Grace Tech Solutions, and IS Consultants Inc.) and that getcertify4less is one of the ones mentioned here. (an IS Consultants Inc. site)

However, looking through those sites I see a standard discount of $10 or roughly 4% of the exam price. That hardly seems worth the trouble of going through a 3rd party. Several of these sites seem to have early expires for $30 off the regular price or roughly 12% which also isn't that super.

About the best normal price I've seen is with itcareerpro.org site but the Wordpress site sort of scares me away. However, the guy behind it (George Kopetski) seems to have legitimate credentials and appears to have worked at CompTIA at one point but I am no way to verify this 100%.

I know the schools get these for 50% off but outside of checking EBay daily, there doesn't appear to be another channel for these.

Thoughts, Tips, Advice?

Thanks

Carl
Carl S.

Check out my personal certification journey blog
http://carlscertjourney.wordpress.com/

Comments

• DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Good research.

About the best you can do is check regularly on any site you trust. Sometimes you can get lucky and catch a voucher that is about to expire. I purchased a Security+ voucher for less than $200 once (I can't remember if it was $178 or $198, but either way it was a good price). On the most recent version, I got one for $216.

Each time I've purchased through getcertify4less and never had a problem.
  • One90proofOne90proof Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm going to take the Security+ exam at the end of next month (April). I just checked getcertify4less and their Prometric vouchers expire 10APR. Am I correct in assuming that they regularly offer vouchers with later expiration dates? Just wondering if I should keep checking with them as I get closer or should I just look elsewhere. I was ready to purchase today but I can wait. I do like the added pressure of knowing I have $$$ on the line though. It makes setting aside study time much easier. icon_smile.gif
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    I purchased one through Grace tech last year that was about 10 days from expiring. I'm pretty sure it was for the Project+ exam and I saved a little over $100. You just have to keep looking daily until you see one on one of those 3 sites that is about to expire. Good deals are possible.
    swild wrote: »
    I purchased one through Grace tech last year that was about 10 days from expiring. I'm pretty sure it was for the Project+ exam and I saved a little over $100. You just have to keep looking daily until you see one on one of those 3 sites that is about to expire. Good deals are possible.

Thanks. I've checked the other sites listed in this thread and didn't see anything that looked like a good deal. I'll keep checking on a regular basis though. I still have time as I'm about 4 weeks out from being ready to for the exam.
  • Carl_S_901Carl_S_901 Member Posts: 105
    I've been checking pretty much daily as well. If anyone hears anything please let me know. My tentative date to take the exam is April 19th but based on the way the studying is going, it looks it may be bumped up to April 12th.

Thanks

Carl
    Carl S.

Carl_S_901 wrote: »
    I've been checking pretty much daily as well. If anyone hears anything please let me know. My tentative date to take the exam is April 19th but based on the way the studying is going, it looks it may be bumped up to April 12th.

Thanks

Carl

I'm about a week behind you...looking at 26APR but like you I might bump it up if the studying goes quicker than expected. I'm using Darril's book. I'm on chapter 4 now and so far it's been pretty easy going.
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    Currently this is the cheapest: CompTIA Security+ Pearson VUE Exam Voucher from GetCertified4Less.com

Grace Tech has different pricing on different sites. Super Voucher has the best regular price but Grace Tech lists their specials.

Also, IT Exam Vouchers currently has the Server+ voucher for $100 off.
  • Carl_S_901Carl_S_901 Member Posts: 105
    Well I finally broke down and bought a voucher from an EBay seller for $209.99 (early expire - April 30th). I was *really* close to using getcertify4less as they had an early expiry option for $246 that included a 15 page PDF and 100 question practice test. I did searching here and on the internet and got little information on those bonus materials save a couple people stating that they weren't that great. (as I understand it, these are not the Transcender ones that are included in higher priced packages)

It came down to asking whether or not the additional materials were worth $36 or not. I felt covered in that area so I opted to save the $36.

The EBay seller was "murthy2k3" and had well over 700 positive reviews selling pretty much only exam vouchers. When they sent the voucher code they had their web site listed which was itcertify4less. Frankly, I wouldn't have bought from that web site based on how it looks, but I suppose I would trust it now based on the fact that I had a transaction with them through Ebay.

Bottom line is that the code worked fine and I am now scheduled to take the test on April 12th.

Thanks for all the feedback

Carl
    Carl S.

• DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on getting a getting a good price. Good luck on the 12th.