Passed VCP510 today

azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
As the title states I passed the exam today. Still as hard as I remember when I took it in January. Now to prepare for the VCT exam in a couple of months.

Good luck to all who are going to attempt it before the deadline.
Currently Studying:
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)

Comments

• jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats. Made it before the end of Feb deadline.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Forgot to mention this. I received an email asking me to verify my info a week after passing. The next day after i verified everything I received my workstation v8 code via email. I wonder how long the process is to receive the paper certificate in the mail. Especially with the rush to certify before the end of February. The workstation code is coming in handy with my next goal, rhcsa by July. Taking community college classes right now for the redhat training.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
  • dalesdales Member Posts: 225
    azjag wrote: »
    Forgot to mention this. I received an email asking me to verify my info a week after passing. The next day after i verified everything I received my workstation v8 code via email. I wonder how long the process is to receive the paper certificate in the mail. Especially with the rush to certify before the end of February. The workstation code is coming in handy with my next goal, rhcsa by July. Taking community college classes right now for the redhat training.

I passed mine in december and got the paper cert about 5 weeks later, much better than the 6 months I had to wait for my vcp 3 :)
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Twitter:dscriven
    Blog: vhorizon.co.uk
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm still waiting on them to even update my transcript and acknowledge my pass. I guess they got a large influx of existing VCP's waiting until the last minute to upgrade like myself. They told me they were seriously backlogged.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    blargoe wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on them to even update my transcript and acknowledge my pass. I guess they got a large influx of existing VCP's waiting until the last minute to upgrade like myself. They told me they were seriously backlogged.

I wonder what process they actually have to go to, surely its all cloudy automated (or aparently not)?
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

• SponxSponx Member Posts: 161
    Congratulations!
    Personal Website | LinkedIn Account | Spiceworks Account | Field Services Engineer

Certifications (Held): A+, CWP, Dell Certified
    Certifications (Studying):
    Network+, Security+
    Certifications (In Planning): Server+,
    ICND1 (CCENT), ICND2 (CCNA)
    dales wrote: »
    I passed mine in december and got the paper cert about 5 weeks later, much better than the 6 months I had to wait for my vcp 3 :)

Does the cert look any different?
    Currently Studying:
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    They got my VCP4 exam pass processed on Friday but I'm still waiting for the 5 test to show up.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    As per this thread on the VMware community forum, it could take til the end of March for them it process those who recently passed the VCP5 exam:VMware Communities: Current response time from VMware...
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    Does the cert look any different?
    Not really no!
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Just an update. I received the certificate in the mail today. Looks exactly the same as the VCP4. I hope the next round of VCP (VCP6 maybe) certificates look better. Maybe something like ISC2 or SANS. This is something I would like to put on the wall at work and be proud of, it just pales in comparison to my CISSP and my Bachelors degree.
    Currently Studying:
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    Just an update. I received the certificate in the mail today. Looks exactly the same as the VCP4. I hope the next round of VCP (VCP6 maybe) certificates look better. Maybe something like ISC2 or SANS. This is something I would like to put on the wall at work and be proud of, it just pales in comparison to my CISSP and my Bachelors degree.

Yeah it is kind of bland, but it's how it looks on the resume that really matters. ;)
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi