Passed today by my chiny chin chin!!!

Jason0352Jason0352 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Got a 822 - lowest passing was a 804 - 60 questions. I'd put the difficulty between icnd1 and icnd2, although I didn't spend nearly the amount of time studying for this. I probably spent a month only and didn't really lab VPN, or SDM (although if you can point and click there's no real need to for the SDM).

I used:

-CBT Nuggets
-Sybex CCNA: Security book Amazon.com: CCNA Security Study Guide: Exam 640-553 (9780470527672): Tim Boyles: Books

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Jason0352Jason0352 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CCNP. I'd like to start with SWITCH, but after reading more on the forums about it being a beast I might go ROUTE first. Depends on what I think when I start reading the book.
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Congrats on the pass!
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass - this Cert is on my To - Do List this year ( but sadly my current job doesn't role involve anything with Cisco Security icon_sad.gif )
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, been looking at the Cisco certs, but MS might be a better avenue for the momment. However, seems even though organisations that do not use Cisco equipment are happiest with people applying who have those certs.
    The Wings of Technology
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Jason0352 wrote: »
    CCNP. I'd like to start with SWITCH, but after reading more on the forums about it being a beast I might go ROUTE first. Depends on what I think when I start reading the book.

The CCNP exam is a beast, but alot of that is because the OCG missed alot of material, especially the first edition.

Be sure to check out this thread for some links to OCG updates.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp/75528-switch-ocg-extra-material-likely-exam.html

Still a tough exam, but would have been easier with this material.
  • Jason0352Jason0352 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I must have lucked out cause my SWITCH OCG book already has those appendixes in the book. The planning topics are in chapter 1 and the big appendix B is in the back of my book.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD