air-ap1121g

hello all,

i have a air-ap1121g here catching dust. just wanted to see if it works how do i console into it.

Comments

• MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In my experience with AP's you have to connect it to a PoE switch, or plug it in to a power source, let it grab a DHCP address, then you can configure it from there. Or, they usually come preset with an IP address, you can use a crossover cable to get into it and configure it for your network.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ok i could have it connected to a 3560 poe the dhcp applies the ip add. But How do i go about configuring the ap, is it through a gui or the cli on the upstream router?
    CLI all the way! That's how I'd configure it anyway. Is there a console port on it?
    CCNP R/S
    all there is just a ethernet port and power input for the power brick. If there was a console port itd make my day easier.
    No kidding. What router are you using to issue DHCP? You might want to look at the bindings before you plug it in, and after you plug it in you should see which DHCP address it picked up. From there you should be able to get in via telnet. If that doesn't work you might want to reset the device and try again.
    CCNP R/S
    2811 running dhcp. ah telnet wouldnt have thought of that
    how do i reset it i assume it has some sort of config on it. as it has a sticker on it with a ip address.
    Is there a pin hole on the bottom of it? Sometimes it's an actual button. You may have to hold it down, power-cycle the device and the release after you have plugged it in. You may have to look on Cisco's website for instructions on that.
    CCNP R/S
    You should be able to hold down that button for 10 seconds to reset the whole thing. I can't remember the proper way to reset it. You may have to look on Cisco's website.
    CCNP R/S