312-38 Network Security Administrator v4.1?

RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
Has anyone on this forum taken the 312-38, Network Security Administrator exam? I'm curious to know which study material was used. The domains look to be a hybrid of Security+, Server+, and Network+.

Comments

• the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Some of EC-Council's lesser known exams don't have a whole lot of third-party study material available, other than the official material released by them. I've had the same problem trying to track down material for ECSA. Only thing I could find was UCertify had some available. You might want to try them.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    There is some CBT you may be able to find from Career Academy or a few other companies. Also there are some companies outside of the US that provide the training, I think Firebrand Training.

There is of course an alternative.... but i'll review that soon.
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, after doing some research on the domain objectives from EC, I've also noticed that the test is CNSS 4011 certified. So, any book that is 4011 certified would suffice. More research lead me to the Sy0-301 book is just as sufficient. I will try and sit this exam within 6 weeks.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Remedymp wrote: »
    Well, after doing some research on the domain objectives from EC, I've also noticed that the test is CNSS 4011 certified. So, any book that is 4011 certified would suffice. More research lead me to the Sy0-301 book is just as sufficient. I will try and sit this exam within 6 weeks.

I will be interested in your thoughts about this exam. I tried to look up jobs that require this certification but I couldn't find anything. May I ask what brought you to take this exam?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    Honestly I dont think Sec+ is comparable. Reason being that NSA is supposed to teach the how, not just the what. The Sec+ has always taught students what security is, how it is supposed to be implemented, but comparable certs like the QND, and the SCNS show you the technologies and show you how to configure devices, and implement them. Just my .02

Another option you may want to consider, is checking out the book Security Administrator Street Smarts. It has some good info on implementing security.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I've also noticed that the test is CNSS 4011 certified. So, any book that is 4011 certified would suffice.
    Actually, the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) is a standard for training programs and not certification exams. For example, Cisco's CCNA Security training program has been awarded CNSS 4011 and not the CCNA Security exam or certification itself. Training materials (books, videos, etc.) are also not CNSS-approved individually, but instead as part of an entire training program.
    Ah, I wasnt aware of that. I figured it was a certification that the material met the standard.
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will be interested in your thoughts about this exam. I tried to look up jobs that require this certification but I couldn't find anything. May I ask what brought you to take this exam?
    I wanted to stay vendor neutral for this last exam as i've been exhausted from studying MCITP material and the like. So I came across ECC a year ago and have been chasing down info on their certs. I looked at the content of the domains and figured with current material I have, this test will be doing able.
    I looked at the content of the domains and figured with current material I have, this test will be doing able.

I was thinking the same thing. I was honestly thinking about taking this test to help me move into the CEH. I am thinking that if I start at a lower level certification with EC then it would be easier for me to get my application accepted for the CEH. I'm not doing the ilearn course or any other course for the CEH so I figure it would be more difficult for my application to be accepted.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    I was thinking the same thing. I was honestly thinking about taking this test to help me move into the CEH. I am thinking that if I start at a lower level certification with EC then it would be easier for me to get my application accepted for the CEH. I'm not doing the ilearn course or any other course for the CEH so I figure it would be more difficult for my application to be accepted.

EC Council is not going to deny your application. They just like to get an extra $100. I've never heard of anyone getting denied.
    the_hutch wrote: »
    EC Council is not going to deny your application. They just like to get an extra $100. I've never heard of anyone getting denied.

Thanks for letting me know!
    Booya!!
    Thanks for letting me know!

You're welcome