Options

Are Microsoft exams getting too difficult?

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
Are Microsoft exams getting too difficult? I have seen quite a few posts, were candidates have failed Microsoft exams, or the questions just weren’t covered in the exam material. I’m just wondering what is everyone’s opinion on this? Is Microsoft using candidates as guinea pigs?
Having some tests contain 50-60 questions, while others contain 80 seems a little absurd to me. I' am only curious because I’m going to be taking my Windows 7 70-680 test in May/April.

Do harder exams make the certification more valuable?

Would employers value the certifications if they were harder to pass? I don’t think so, but I’m looking for other people’s opinions.

How much knowledge can a candidate with a Microsoft cert use/transfer to real world scenarios?

Seems like it’s not just Windows 7, but other Microsoft exams are getting harder as well.
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Are Microsoft exams getting too difficult? I have seen quite a few posts, were candidates have failed Microsoft exams, or the questions just weren’t covered in the exam material. I’m just wondering what is everyone’s opinion on this? Is Microsoft using candidates as guinea pigs?
    Having some tests contain 50-60 questions, while others contain 80 seems a little absurd to me. I' am only curious because I’m going to be taking my Windows 7 70-680 test in May/April.

Do harder exams make the certification more valuable?

Would employers value the certifications if they were harder to pass? I don’t think so, but I’m looking for other people’s opinions.

How much knowledge can a candidate with a Microsoft cert use/transfer to real world scenarios?

Seems like it’s not just Windows 7, but other Microsoft exams are getting harder as well.

MS is changing up the exams. I've taken some with 50 questions and others with 77 questions. MS will add beta questions as they see fit and they can change up the format as they see fit. As far as more difficult, I see the questions being more detailed than before. They used to have these 1/2 page questions, now it seems to be more concise and detailed.

Check out the born to learn blog and posts from Liberty Munson for more info.