Route exam - 28/3

dredlorddredlord Member Posts: 172
After months of studying the hour of reckoning is soon at hand :) Cant wait to start switch, but unfortunately my experience with layer 2 protocols is rather small (Mostly routing exposure at work).

Comments

• NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck! I'm also writing my exam this week. May the questions / labs be heavy on OSPF and BGP to make for an easy pass! :)
  • wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Good luck to both of you!

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP
  • PuffyPuffy Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck guys.icon_thumright.gif
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good Luck!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    all the best, I sat mine last week and it was an interesting exam. Get a good nights sleep and eat well prior to the exam to be in the best shape you can be mentally.

mattau wrote: »
    all the best, I sat mine last week and it was an interesting exam. Get a good nights sleep and eat well prior to the exam to be in the best shape you can be mentally.

Congrats on the pass mattau....A year of study, whoa. Several interruptions?

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    nah no interuptions, studied my backside off and all my free time went towards it. I probably went abit overboard. Such as digging deep into each of the protocols that are more ccie level.

The crazy thing is whilst I did all that its still easy to fail the exam due to the way questions are worded.

dont want to hijack thread but am happy to share experiences

mattau wrote: »
    nah no interuptions, studied my backside off and all my free time went towards it. I probably went abit overboard. Such as digging deep into each of the protocols that are more ccie level.
    If you did that, consider taking the CCIP BGP exam while your knowledge is fresh. I took that a couple years ago without the study guide--though I do have Halabi on my shelf. It wasn't so hard. It adds the iBGP half of the equation, dampening, and more elaborate filtering. The material on the exam would still considered junior-level knowledge, to the sorts of folks who design and implement BGP policies at a major carrier. And passing that can be a nice stepping stone towards a CCIP or R&S CCIE. :)
    The crazy thing is whilst I did all that its still easy to fail the exam due to the way questions are worded.
    Did you judge the questions to be awkwardly worded, or just asking for more specific info than you expected?

I've now spent almost three weeks on this exam. I'm very confident it's going down and hard!
    that is not a bad idea at all. I did alot of bgp work and am learning mpls at the moment for the sake of interest before I role over onto switch.

• dredlorddredlord Member Posts: 172
    Passed 976 :) Exam was very challenging but fair :)
    dredlord wrote: »

Excellent news! Congratulations!

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    dredlord wrote: »

Great Job. Nice Score!

Congratulations!
    @networkvetran - I think like most people say, you just have to read the questions a few times to make sure you fully understand what they want. Its easy in a pressure situation to skip over a key detail. I'd say if you can answer most of the questions at the start of each chapter of the OCG that is pretty good preparation. I even found going through the practice questions on cisco learning network site was helpful - because they get your brain thinking on all the major points on each topic which triggers you to just go back and revise over what you have learnt so far.

Thanks for the tips! That reminds me, I only went through the first set on the Cisco Learning Network. Will review the rest.