MCSA 2003 Elective

DarkboxerDarkboxer Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Quick question for the experts.....

I am studying for the MCSA 2003 certification. What would you all suggest as the best or easiest elective? My mind will probably be melted by the time I get through 270, 290, and 291. icon_lol.gif

Comments

• spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Depends on you, i went for the A+ & Network+ . but that's because at the time my job wanted A+. so from there network+ was the next logical step.

most people would probably say that A+ & Net+ are the easiest to get take a look at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/ it should give you a few ideas of anyway
  • magikratmagikrat Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I went with A+/Net+ for the MCSA elective also, and taking Security+ for my MCSE elective (this week, actually). I would consider that an "easy" in not inexpensive route...
  • DarkboxerDarkboxer Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies. I think I might go with the security+ since it is a topic that I am interested in.

I haven't heard that much about the "toughness" of the test though. So it's time to go do a little research on it. If it is going to be too much of a time sink, then net+/a+ will be the way to go.

The XP test was pretty easy, studying for the server tests now. :)

Thanks again
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Security+ is probably the hardest comptia exam, though for me it was the easiest. You just have to know the material really well.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'd recommend doing the Security+ for two reasons. One, security is a hot topic right now, and I've started getting LOTS of hits on my resumes ever since I passed the Security+. Two, A+ and Net+ (or Server+) are very good certs to have, but they only count as electives for MCSA. If you plan on moving up to MCSE, you'll either have to do Security+ anyway, or choose one of the Microsoft electives.

Hope that helps, and good luck on all your exams.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    I went A+ and Net+
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
    I am going to use the Network+ and A+ for my MCSA elective. As for the MCSE, I will use my Security+ as an elective. I just passed my Sec+ today so my studying for 290 and 291 starts now :D
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude..........sweet
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • DarkboxerDarkboxer Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gratz on the security+!!
  • AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
    Thanks guys! I decided to just stick with the 70-290 exam for now. I will spend a good 1-2 weeks preparing since there seems to be a lot.

This exam has simulations correct??