Finally....rebuilding the lab

azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
After a long delay, putting the finishing touches on my "almost do anything" lab. Thought I'd share...

From the top...

Perle IOLAN+ serial console server (work in progress... IOLAN <-> Cisco pinouts?)
Cisco 2960
Cisco 1760 (Branch 3 - E1)
Cisco 1760 (Branch 2 - E1)
Cisco 1760 (Branch 1 - E1)
Cisco 2691 (Frame Relay & PSTN)
Cisco 3725 (HQ - E1)
Cisco 2811 (Branch 4 - T1 & CUE)
Cisco 3550 (Core Layer)
Cisco 3550pwr x 2 (Dist Layer) (got them for free!)
Cisco 2950 x 2 (Access Layer)
ESXi Server (i7 CPU, 16G RAM)

All located in the under-used guest bedroom and trunked and VLan'd back to another 3550pwr (plus phones) so I don't have to hear it humming!
Also running a Cisco 2960G and 877W on the home network, with Buffalo NAS.

Now to stick my head down and finally get on with CAPPS, CIPT2 and TVOICE (easier said than done). Plus look at CCNA-Sec and SWITCH for when I need something else to take my mind off voice.

Comments

• deth1kdeth1k Member Posts: 312
    do you really need this much gear for NP Voice or is that "all in one rack"? AFAIK INE Voice lab consists of 3 routers and FR cloud (which is also simulating PSTN). also how many phones are you using and which flavour? :o
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No, that much gear is not needed for the CCNP-Voice, just that as I added more kit (3725 & 2811) the 1760's were fully functional and still there (and resale value these days is low). Plus I can do a small Enterprise deployment should I want to.
    As for phones, HQ gets a 7971 & 2 x 7942 + CIPT, the branches get a mix of 7940/41/12, the PSTN gets a 7960+7914.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Man, you need a large scale picture. That looks awesome.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• waragiwaragi Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sweet setup,thanks for sharing.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Picture is not big enough to appreciate icon_lol.gif
    Pic has now been replaced with a bigger one...
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    that is awesome. Heck of a lot better in big size!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice. Is the Perle the serial console server? I love the fact that you can lock up that rack. It would come in handy for keeping my one year-old from pulling cables and sticking fingers in the ports.
    Yep, the Perle is a 16 port serial server, was just over $100 inc. shipping from the US to Aust, can't seem to find them out here. There were 2 IBM x306 servers (now removed) I'd bought over the years for CCM/CUCM, then ear-marked for AD/Exchange, but now with VMware ESXi v5 its so much easier.
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Looking Good!!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT