Wtf wgu?

BIGDubBIGDub Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm sorry that this has to be my first post here. I stumbled on this site while surfing. Then I saw the WGU link I thought I would have a look as I do need to do something to move forward and I think a degree is the best way. Th Network Admin and Netowkr Design programs caught my interest.

So after thinking about it I decide to fill out the information request. It seems that suddenly I'm being bombarded with email. Since I have sent my request in on Thursday I have gotten 5 emails over the past 3 days, all of the emails look like standard cut/paste jobs. I have also been called two or three times, as it was during work hours it went to voice mail.

The information I've seen read looks good. It's just that they seem to be almost desperate to talk to me. Has anyone else run into this or am I overreacting?

Comments

• TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You're overreacting. :)
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • forestgiantforestgiant Member Posts: 153
    BIGDub wrote: »
    Has anyone else run into this or am I overreacting?

You are right, many of the responses are bombarded and canned. It's usually that way with many infomercials and you probably decided it's bad, but in WGU's case it's all good. Read the emails for what they are; they're simply making a legitimate case for the school and its role in helping many of us get ahead.

That said, +1 on you're overreacting =)
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I felt the same way.

My first couple of interactions with me them turned me off. Maybe it was a bad week for her but my adviser missed several scheduled conference calls, and was always asking for info that I already submitted.

I may try it again this summer, and hope that I get someone else.
  • KeithCKeithC Member Posts: 147
    Like it has been said 1000x times the enrollment process is the hardest part of WGU, not tough just uncomfortable wise. Just send a email to the enrollment councilor assigned to you that your preference would be through email. I found more answers on this forum then from the enrollment department.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    KeithC wrote: »
    I found more answers on this forum then from the enrollment department.

My mentor always seems amazed that I know so much about how WGU, even though I am a new student. These threads are a good way to arm yourself with information, so you don't get the run around.
  • techinthewoodstechinthewoods Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    BIGDub wrote: »
    The information I've seen read looks good. It's just that they seem to be almost desperate to talk to me. Has anyone else run into this or am I overreacting?

You sound awfully sensitive.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Where I come from that is called customer service :)

They are a great place. I don't know anyone who has taken classes there who is disappointed. That's saying a lot.
    -Daniel