Options

windows 7: MCIPT vouchers or discounts?

techpatrick82techpatrick82 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was wondering if anyone knew of Microsoft student voucher, discount codes - for the following exams.. i looked at
Student Certification Exams | Special Offers | Microsoft Certification but i only saw the ones for xp.. nothing for 7..

thank you for any help you guys may be able to offer....

MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7

Exam 70-680
Exam 70-685

MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7

Exam 70-680
Exam 70-686

Comments

• Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Are you a student? If so, you can get the exams for $83.00. If not, check out sites like Supervoucher, Getcertified4less, preplogic. Every now and then they have early expiration vouchers you can get. There is also the 15% off in the back of the MS press books.
  • Options
    i am a student, but didnt take the MS class... is there a link to the exam codes if you are a student but dont have the book...
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    What Psoasman means is that any student, from any school or college, can get exams for the discounted price of $83.00. You don't need to take any Microsoft courses at all. You want to read this: Student Certification Exams | Special Offers | Microsoft Certification.
  • Options
    i am a student, but didnt take the MS class... is there a link to the exam codes if you are a student but dont have the book...

You just need a .edu address. You can register / pay for the exam on Prometric's website. That will probably be the cheapest option.
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    What Psoasman means is that any student, from any school or college, can get exams for the discounted price of $83.00. You don't need to take any Microsoft courses at all. You want to read this: Student Certification Exams | Special Offers | Microsoft Certification.

that site doesnt have the windows 7 exams!!! :) thats the issue i am facing.
  • Options
    that site doesnt have the windows 7 exams!!! :) thats the issue i am facing.

I looked at Prometric, it looks like you are limited to the 680, then. If you can qualify for the Microsoft IT Academy voucher, those are $72.
  • Options
    buzzkillbuzzkill Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It would seem strange that Microsoft offer student vouchers for the MCITP exams at all considering their audience profile states that these exams should be taken by people with at least one year of experience in the IT field, and presumably by that they don't mean in the classroom.

Your best bet is the heavily discounted vouchers on eBay. I wish I had discovered these gems when I started.

MS PROMETRIC EXAM VOUCHER 100% !!!! For US/CANADA | eBay
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    /Agree that usually the cheapest vouchers are the ones that expire soon. So if you find em, buy them before you sit for the exam. Also, in the last few years now...Microsoft has had a Second Shot program. If you fail, you can retake said exam for free. Keep an eye out for it to possibly come up again.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???