CCIE Data Center track

Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
Looks like it's official..anyone going down this road? I'm too far in to R&S to turn back, but this may be my next stop if rack rentals are offered with the Nexus gear...which is a big "IF". I currently work with about 85% of the lab equipment on the data center track, so it's fairly tempting..

Comments

• SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    If only I worked with Nexus icon_sad.gif

I've this is suppose to replace the CCIE: Storage but after looking at them they seem to cover different topics, so I don't think that is true.

Data Center Track
    • Expert knowledge in the implementation and troubleshooting of data center technologies.
    • Skilled with operating systems, virtualization, network services for cloud enablement, and security.
    • Core IP routing not required, but must demonstrate in-depth understanding

Storage Networking Track
    • Expert knowledge in the implementation and troubleshooting of storage area networks
    • Skilled with LANs, MANs and WANs over Fibre Channel, iSCSI, FCIP and FICON
    • Core IP routing not required, but must demonstrate in-depth understanding of Layer 2 and 3 network infrastructure

My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    I'll be looking into it after the R&S. A significant bit of the work I do is with Unified Fabric technologies.

Hey ColbyG, after I complete R&S I'll work on this one with you.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    Looks fun but probably one of the most expensive tracks.. even with used equipment.

» CCIE Data Center Hardware Cost Estimate FryGuy's Blog
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    INE is also in the process of creating CCIE Data Center material, as well as material for the Wireless track :)
    Can't wait!
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Glad to see some interest. I'd love to tackle this one but the more I think about it the more I'm not sure if I'd be able to. I have plenty of access/hands on the entire nexus line, but it's all production..no time/ability to lab anything really. If rack rentals open up I'd imagine they'll be incredibly costly. But......this cert will surely be in demand...hell, it already is!
  • BrohamBroham Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wait for ine to make a rack. in the meantime get that R&S downicon_cheers.gif
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Definitely a lot of good info to know in this track. It will be hard to study for though which will keep the numbers down.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • skinsFan202skinsFan202 Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cisco will be offering online rack rentals with all the equipment by September
  • BrohamBroham Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Where'd you hear this?