Options

Microsoft courses

sainthsainth Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello to all!!

Could someone tell me what's the difference of these courses:

Administering Windows Active Directory Services
Administering Windows Networks
Administering Windows Networks Infrastructure

I'm planning to take courses here in the Philippines, but I don't know what to choose, please help me or give an idea what topics will be discuss on those courses.

Thank you.

Sainth

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Which certification do you wish to obtain?
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    sainth wrote:
    Hello to all!!

Could someone tell me what's the difference of these courses:

Administering Windows Active Directory Services
    Administering Windows Networks
    Administering Windows Networks Infrastructure

I'm planning to take courses here in the Philippines, but I don't know what to choose, please help me or give an idea what topics will be discuss on those courses.

Thank you.

Sainth

Administering Windows Active Directory Services - mostly dealing with Active directory groups, group policies, creating users groups, and OU's. Basically the ins and outs of active directory and how to manage it.

Administering Windows Networks - This is kind of a lightweight cross between the the other two you asked about.

Administering Windows Networks Infrastructure- DNS, DNS, DNS, DNS WINS, DHCP, RRAS, Ceritificate Services, Routing & Protocols, did I say DNS yet?

And Ricka has a good question. Which certification do you wish to obtain. If you're trying to go the MCSE or MCSA track, then you'll need to get the client OS and Server exam out of the way before you start tackling these areas. It's not un-heard of for people to start with the network and design exams if they have the needed experience. So tell us a little more about your experience and your goals as far as certifications go.
  • Options
    sainthsainth Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you, I'm currently a technical support for AOL (Chat), I just finish doing the cisco, however, I have'nt take the cert exam for it. The purpose of taking course like this is that early next year, I will be in the US, taking these courses in the US is expensive so before I could go there, I'm planning to take them all here and take the exams there and hopefully, I could get job or I could volunteer to have experience on it and hoping to get a real job.

I'm just preparing my future when I get there and hoping to be in IT.

Thank you so much for the reply and maybe you can help me enlighten on those courses.

Sainth