A little advise required....

Chard26Chard26 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I have been given an awesome opportunity to basically "Carve out" my own career path. I work for a IT Support company based in the UK. My main role is 1st and 2nd line support for one of our clients. I have been doing this for a couple of months now but I have roughly a year of support experience. As I progress I am finding more time to study and I want to get into Penetration Testing, I have performed a couple of Port and Vulnerability scans on some of our clients (with their permission of course) and I have enjoyed what i have found out do far. I have been into security as a hobby for a couple of years now but not really concentrated on it enough to further my career.

My boss has given me the opportunity to get some Qualifications in the field. Now i have been reading about the quals you guys have been discussing on here and the forums below. Some of you guys say that CEH and LPT and EC-Council quals are not worth the paper they are printed on to get into the PenTesting field. So my question is would these quals be a good starting point to get where I want to be as i don't need find a job as I already have it, also I know my way round most tools that are covered in CEH and LPT. And would these provide a good "pre requisite" as it were for OSCP and OSCE ?

Thanks for reading this and i know this will have been answered before but I need clarification of weather these certs will be useful or not

Cheers
Chard

Comments