IPv6 Book

auosauos Member Posts: 186
Hi Guys,
which one for below books are good for reading and spend time for it.

Cisco Self-Study: Implementing Cisco IPv6 Networks (IPV6) - Amazon.com: Cisco Self-Study: Implementing Cisco IPv6 Networks (IPV6) (0619472050866): Regis Desmeules: Books
Or
Deploying IPv6 Networks - Amazon.com: Deploying IPv6 Networks (9781587052101): Ciprian Popoviciu, Eric Levy-Abegnoli, Patrick Grossetete: Books

Comments

• auosauos Member Posts: 186
    Or just enough with (CCIE Professional Development Routing TCP/IP, Volume I) - Chapter 2. IPv6 Overview.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Doyle's book is probably enough. The ipv6 material contained on the R&S blueprint is not difficult. If you know your address scopes, understand the concept of link-local, and can properly represent the addresses, it's fairly simple. The hardest thing for me is ipv6 route summarization just because of the number of bits, but even that's not difficult.

Biggest gotcha, I think, is remembering that the IGP's form their adjacencies with link-local addresses, not global ones, and remembering that there's no inverse-arp on frame relay, so if you want a routing adjacency across a frame relay link, you need map statements for the global *and* the link-local addresses.

That's the CCIE exam answer. Read both of the prior books (along with ipv6 for enterprises) to improve your career if you intend to stay in this network game for long.
  • auosauos Member Posts: 186
    Thanks, I will got to Doyle's book.