Options

i am teh internet!

internet!internet! Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
i-Net+ score: 802.

<bragfest>

didn't study much. (didn't have time) but this site was helpful for the little I did. if you have had experience with web design and some networking, this test is a breeze.

</bragfest>

what the heck is a 'bastion' host anyway?

Comments

• Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    icon_lol.gif Congrats! Ofcourse you deserve to celebrate but wait untill you get to Cisco. A bastion host is a vulnerable computer that is located outside the fire wall and thus exposed to attack. Cheers
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude...........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    abarnettabarnett Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey, yea... I'll have to agree, wait till you get to Cisco ;), you get into more specific networking protocols that iNet only merely mentions. Cisco CCNA 1 is kind of like a basic networking cert in my opinion. CCNA 2 gets into router command line which is fun but I'd have to say using a browser is much easier to configure a router lol. Congratz though!
  • Options
    Gennosuke HIGAKIGennosuke HIGAKI Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    internet! wrote:
    i-Net+ score: 802.

<bragfest>

didn't study much. (didn't have time) but this site was helpful for the little I did. if you have had experience with web design and some networking, this test is a breeze.

</bragfest>

what the heck is a 'bastion' host anyway?

From my understanding, 'bastion host' means a heavily armored Web server stands in the terrible Internet directly or in a DMZ: demilitarized zone, a neutral zone between safe private network and lawless Internet. It applies the most stable OS, minimum service, and monitoring systems. Windows/IIS: worst, Linux/apache: so so, I prefer OpenBSD/apache or Security Enhanced Linux/apache.