If you ever decided against FHSU because of that "pesky" MLS...

damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
Have I got news for you! :)

I just found out that Fort Hays State U is offering an IT-courses-only masters degree, the "Master of Professional Studies" , online. This is a MUCH nicer deal than the MLS, which required 3-4 "liberal studies" classes to get the degree.

They have several concentrations, and I don't know much but I do know that the Networking side of things is based on Cisco technologies. They have virtual labs and their classes can help students towards the CCNP and other certs.

I have been on the certification "side" of things for years but this is intriguing.

Is anyone here currently a FHSU student??

Comments

• petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    The MLS is not pesky! I'm glad we have a decent-but-improving soccer league on North American soil!

Oh, wait, you mean the formatting spec. . . :D
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    petedude wrote: »
    The MLS is not pesky! I'm glad we have a decent-but-improving soccer league on North American soil!

Oh, wait, you mean the formatting spec. . . :D

haha it is a master of liberal studies. it has been discussed here before but i apologize for the acronym
  • Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Have I got news for you! :)

I just found out that Fort Hays State U is offering an IT-courses-only masters degree, the "Master of Professional Studies" , online. This is a MUCH nicer deal than the MLS, which required 3-4 "liberal studies" classes to get the degree.

They have several concentrations, and I don't know much but I do know that the Networking side of things is based on Cisco technologies. They have virtual labs and their classes can help students towards the CCNP and other certs.

I have been on the certification "side" of things for years but this is intriguing.

Is anyone here currently a FHSU student??

I'm interested to see if you have a link to the program you're referring to? I looked at the school recently and saw nothing about this on their site. Just checked it again and I still don't see anything like you describe. I may be missing it (I am old and feeble), so I'd appreciate it if you could post a link. Thanks.
    It is not on the site yet, as it is brand new. I just called the Informatics department for more info:

Department of Informatics - Fort Hays State University
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I dont think I want to study like a Master Liberal. Thats just me though.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I dont think I want to study like a Master Liberal. Thats just me though.

Yeah, me too! I am little to conservative.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
    well i'm quite sure i'm liberal but i didnt want to have to pay for classes just to prove it!

MPS is much better! :)