CISSP Results LA March 17, 2012

lele24lele24 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, I took my test on the 17th of March and the waiting is killing me! I went to the Infosec Bootcamp and it would have been so much better if the teacher didn't take every oppurtunity to talk about himself. I hope that everyone that took the test with me passed. :)

Comments

• 94jedi94jedi Member Posts: 177
    lele24 wrote: »
    Well, I took my test on the 17th of March and the waiting is killing me! I went to the Infosec Bootcamp and it would have been so much better if the teacher didn't take every oppurtunity to talk about himself. I hope that everyone that took the test with me passed. :)

ugh...I hear you...March 25th test for me...it's only been 3 days lol.
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
  • gilly05gilly05 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also took it 3/17 in Los Angeles... the waiting is killing me! My friend had taken it last year and got his results the Wednesday of the following week. I was hoping I would be as fortunate, but no such luck. Post back if you get the results. Best of luck!
  • thestefsterthestefster Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Who was your instructor? I did the camp earlier in the year in San Diego and thought it was pretty good.
  • kevorkkevork Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also took the exam on 3/17. I don't feel confident. As soon as I turned the exam in, I started to rethink some of my answers and I'm sure I missed some of the more easy questions.
    I studied using the Harris All-in-One Exam Guide, the Official ISC2 guide, and then went to the same boot camp. I thought I knew the material really well but I wasn't prepared for approaching the style of exam questions. I only discovered how to approach the exam about 1/4 of the way through it.
    At the Infosec Boot camp, the instructor ("Joe") talked way too much about himself and would often get lost in tirades about the TSA, the legal system, conspiracies, and crazy stories. Ironically he was stingy on breaks. Then he would often catch up on time by quickly reading only the bullet points as he advanced his slides. He didn't seem to take the exam as seriously as the students did. If I have to retake, I'd rather lock myself away with a couple of good books and videos rather than reseat at that bootcamp. I think I will be better prepared for approaching the exam the second time around (if necessary).
  • lele24lele24 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Aaah, Joe. He of stingy breaks and the TSA. I would have rather just studied on my own as well. I felt... okay after the exam but the longer I wait the worse I feel. I am now sure that I failed the exam. If I need to retake the exam I will be taking it online just so I can get my results right then! Where you in LA for the boot camp?
    Where you in LA for the boot camp?
    Yes; I was in your class. And stayed at the hotel they booked for us in the sketchy neighborhood (across the street from a strip club, but no restaurants).

I think the best way for me to deal with the exam-result anxiety is to start studying again. If I assume that I failed, and set a goal to study until I feel confident about a retake, while racing against the results coming in, that might take my focus of worrying about the results.... maybe.

Do you really get the results faster with online test? It's looking like a better option since I won't need a round-trip flight & hotel. I'm wondering if I can take a 6-hour exam while looking at a back-lit screen.
  • JD-23JD-23 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the test on March 17 in LA as well. I know that they sometimes grade them in bunches. San Francisco was on the 31st. But I've looked ahead on the schedule and there are almost 10 different exams around the world from April 12-15. I seriously hope ours will be graded before then.
  • s-the-bs-the-b Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took it in VA on 11 March, I'm still awaiting the results. The wait is killing me! Everyone I work with took it 2 weeks before I did and they got their results back a few weeks ago.
    Since it looks like some others who took it in Vancouver on March 10 received their scores on 4/6, I am hopeful that we will receive results this week (perhaps Friday). That would put us just shy of one month, just like their turn around time. Please be sure to post if you receive word. The wait is killing me! I am a lawyer, as well, and I had to wait about 4 months for Bar results... that was definitely worse, but at least that was an essay exam. This was all multiple choice, which makes it all the more frustrating!
    At least I know that I am not the only person contstantly checking there email with equal amounts of fear and frustration! I am also assuming that we should receive our results this Friday. When I told my husband he had the nerve to say the he was getting butterflies! I really hope we all passed and can move forward on to other things. I am thinking about becoming a Certified Ethical Hacker or Penetration Tester... They both sound interesting and fun! If anyone has any pointers as to what books or stufy material I should be looking at it would be really helpful. Again good luck to us all!

Also is that you Mac???
    Also is that you Mac???

Yep. It is.

I never knew waiting would be this painful. hope we find out tomorrow.
    kevork wrote: »
    Yep. It is.

I never knew waiting would be this painful. hope we find out tomorrow.

Hey Mac, it's Emily. I keep checking my inbox but so far nothing. Did you receive a survey email?
    Hi Emily. Do you mean the InfoSec Institute survey? I completed that survey and also was asked by the sales rep if the class 'exceeded' my expectations. I said the class had practically no value, it didn't prepare us for the actual exam well (their practice tests were often not relevant, poorly written, and full of errors), instructor spent too much time off topic (personal/political opinions and stories) and I would have done better spending that time on my own studying.

I received a canned email response thanking me for giving them a good review (even though I was very harsh on them and there was no way they could have mistaken it for a good review).

I think the instructor is a nice guy and knows the material well, but he wasted too much of our time off topic. Some people are just too tempted by a captive audience, and it's hard for them not to take advantage when people are basically forced to listen to them.

I had hoped that we would get the exam results by now. Even though I studied a lot and knew the material, those exam questions were written in a way that I was no where near prepared for. I think I'll pass if I need to retake it. If I did pass it, it's must have been a close one.
    Hey Mac, I was asking about an ISC2 survey. I am hoping that it is a random thing. I am let down that we didn't get our results Friday. Maybe next week? I don't think anyone had any good things to say about the instructor. He did spend too much time talking about himself and how many houses he owned. The hotel was decent on the inside and the staff was nice; especially to my Mom and daughter but the area was not desirable. I thought you were pretty brave walking around at night!
    I passed. I'm glad I put in those extra hours of self-study. It was one tough exam.
    Hey Mac, I was asking about an ISC2 survey. I am hoping that it is a random thing.
    I don't know anything about that survey. I'm glad the results came in today. We have a CISSP on site doing contract work, and I can talk to him about the endorsement.
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    kevork wrote: »
    I passed. I'm glad I put in those extra hours of self-study. It was one tough exam.

I don't know anything about that survey. I'm glad the results came in today. We have a CISSP on site doing contract work, and I can talk to him about the endorsement.

Congrats on the pass!
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
    I got the pass, as well! Congrats to the others!

I am SOOOOOOO glad we got results today... I had just about given up hope of receiving results before the end of six weeks!
    I am so happy that I passed!!! Congratulations to all that passed, it was a lot of hard work. I say we all deserve a beer or two! We earned it! :)
    Thanks! And congratulations to those that passed. Getting the results yesterday was perfect timing since we have a CISSP on site assisting us with a Business Impact Analysis as part of our BCP. Hopefully I'll get my endorsement tomorrow and send it in. I've heard that processing the endorsement form can take them a while, but at least we won't have as much to stress over during this wait.

Hey Emily, I heard from Aaron and he also passed. ...and I'm also interested in CEH, and pen-testing, & forensics certs. Let me know what your next certification goal is.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations to everyone here who has passed the CISSP exam! icon_cheers.gif