Resume Advice

PlanBPlanB Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been lurking on here for some time, trying to read up and prepare. I've decided to change career paths and I'm completely lost on were/how to start. I've been in the same field (Land Surveying) my entire life and trying to relate my past experience into a new resume specific to an IT related field is tough. I'm not sure what is/isn't important to include. I've attached a copy of my old, outdated, resume and just added my current job to it. I just need some ideas on how to put it all together.

I've been building and repairing computers for myself, friends and family for over 15 years. Replacing parts, trouble shooting hardware/software issues.
I'm competent in Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 installation, config, etc. as well as some linux (Ubuntu, Mint).
I have college credits in computer applications (Office Suite), C programming and Python.
I've set up plenty of home and small office networks.
Printer installation, setup, etc.
I maintained all our backups at my old company, CAD license manager, small server side stuff.
I've also trained staff on MS office, ESRI GIS software, AutoCAD and various other software.

I have an A.A. degree in Bus. Admin and I've also got 90 credits finished toward a BS in Bus. Admin.
I will also be taking the A+ and Net+ as soon as I can scrape up some extra $$.

I just have a wide background and not a lot of depth. I pick up on stuff extremely fast if given the chance. I was a project manager for about 8 years. Any ideas were to start would be greatly appreciated!

Resume (Doc)
Resume (PDF)

Revised Resume

Comments