Options

am I prepared for the 70-662 exam?

ClearwatermsClearwaterms Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am getting ready to take the 70-662 exam and want to know that I am as ready as possible.

A bit of background. I have been studying for approx. 5 weeks. I used the CBT-Nuggets website to study. This includes watching every video, using a exchange 2010 server to practice some of the concepts described. Finally, after that I spent approx. 7 days scouring through every Transcender question posted, including reading each response on every question and retaking the exams over and over again until I routinely scored in the 90% range (usually only the second time through)

I then took the Kaplan self test but to be honest it feels like those are mostly the same questions. I have a fairly good handle on the material and have built, deployed and managed an exchange 2010 server for a few environments.

I have taken a few other practice tests online (***********, golfers ****) through the visual cert exam program and am routinely scoring in the passing range (750~850).

What other resources can I use to prepare better for this exam? Am I prepared for the exam now? My company will pay for one attempt on the exam and I really don't have the money to take it again if I fail. Please let me know what I can do to ensure that I pass the first time.

Thank you
Chris Hansen

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Those ******* mean you most likely used a known cheating source. This is not that kind of forum.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well you are using **** so you have cheated already. **** go against everything we on this site believe in. You have helped devalue another cert. Congrats on that great achievement.
  • Options
    the ***** is a c t u a l tests. I didn't realize that was against what you believe in.

I don't understand how that is cheating. I spent close to 15 hours watching videos and taking notes. I took advantage of legal resources as a way of checking my readiness for an exam. I am simply asking if the measures I have taken in learning the material (not trying to learn the exam) have prepared me for the exam.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    the ***** is a c t u a l tests. I didn't realize that was against what you believe in.

I don't understand how that is cheating. I spent close to 15 hours watching videos and taking notes. I took advantage of legal resources as a way of checking my readiness for an exam. I am simply asking if the measures I have taken in learning the material (not trying to learn the exam) have prepared me for the exam.

Yes, they are actual tests. The questions were stolen, either by an unethical proctor or by people being paid to take the exam and memorize questions. This is illegal and cheating like this can get you banned from pursing future MS certifications. I don't care how much experience you have and study time you put in - the minute you use a braindump you are cheating.
  • Options
    Claymoore wrote: »
    Yes, they are actual tests. The questions were stolen, either by an unethical proctor or by people being paid to take the exam and memorize questions. This is illegal and cheating like this can get you banned from pursing future MS certifications. I don't care how much experience you have and study time you put in - the minute you use a braindump you are cheating.

I am being sincere when I say that I truly had no idea that was the case. I understand now why people on this website would be offended by people who use those types of websites to study.

But to my original question, if I am scoring a high score on those exams, it is safe to assume that I will probably be okay on the actual test.

Please note, I did not memorize questions on those tests, I did learn the material. I have equipment that I have used as a lab to learn the PS commands. I have watched the CBT nuggets videos (some of them repeatedly) and taken meticulous notes. I have learned alot and feel that I can contribute to an exchange team as a MCTS after passing the exam with the knowledge I have learned.
  • Options
    ram1101ram1101 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i would think that at this point and taking the 662 you are familiar with those kind of sources. but going to your questions i do have the same training and i been doing it for about two months and the only issue with exchnage 2010 test is the scripting part of it. I read somewhere i should be pretty good with power shell if i want to pass the test. But the again if you were doing good on the sources you got you should pass the test im assuming
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Practice test are generally how you gauge if you are ready to take the real exam. A consistent 90% pass rate implies you are ready.