Trouble upgrading IOS on an 877 router.

KPLCKPLC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey TE,

I've been having some troubles trying to upgrade the IOS on an 877 router. I can't for the life of me connect to the tftp server on my pc. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can ping from my pc to the router, but can't ping from the router to my pc. I've tried tried to put an IP address on one of the interfaces, but it says "IP address may not be configured on L2 links". I've put the interface on vlan 1 and tried that, and still can't ping out. I can telnet into the router. I just can't seem to ping out on directly connected hosts. I believe this is what's holding me up from upgrading the IOS.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Comments

• georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    KPLC wrote: »
    Hey TE,

I've been having some troubles trying to upgrade the IOS on an 877 router. I can't for the life of me connect to the tftp server on my pc. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can ping from my pc to the router, but can't ping from the router to my pc. I've tried tried to put an IP address on one of the interfaces, but it says "IP address may not be configured on L2 links". I've put the interface on vlan 1 and tried that, and still can't ping out. I can telnet into the router. I just can't seem to ping out on directly connected hosts. I believe this is what's holding me up from upgrading the IOS.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Turn off the firewall on the PC until after your upgrade is complete.
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    georgemc wrote: »
    Turn off the firewall on the PC until after your upgrade is complete.

id my marbles this is correcticon_thumright.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What TFTP server are you using?
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Like Georgemc said, turn your firewall off. Can you ping the IP that your TFTP server is using before you turn it off?
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • KPLCKPLC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It was the firewall!!! Man, that was a freaking palm to the forehead type of moment. LOL. I was over thinking it. I thought it had to be something in the config on the router. Thanks for the help everyone! I'd owe you guys lunch if you were in my area. icon_thumright.gif