Options

Gonna Take TEST Friday help

matrix1903matrix1903 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
ok im gonna take the test on friday im really nervous i really havent pushed my self to study and with that does anyone think that i should rechedule. i guess what im wondering is the test really hard. im going to school for computer tech is that enough or should i wait till im fully studied.

Comments

• Options
    12mcken12mcken Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    matrix1903 wrote:
    ok im gonna take the test on friday im really nervous i really havent pushed my self to study and with that does anyone think that i should rechedule. i guess what im wondering is the test really hard. im going to school for computer tech is that enough or should i wait till im fully studied.

I would advice that you study for the exam. If you have taken CompTIA exams, its nothing compared to it. The MS exam questions are quite lengthy and time consuming. Would suggest using at least 2 sources if not three to study from. Such as the study guide from this tech exam site and a book: MS press, Exam cram or Sybex. I would say: YES reschedule, unless you are comfortable with Windows XP enough and have some experience under your belt dealing with the admin side of XP. Eg group policy, unattended installations, disk management, permissions and so forth. Would at least look over the exam outline to be sure that you're ready.
  • Options
    matrix1903matrix1903 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for advice. i really wanted to take this before holidays oh its all my fault for not applying myself. i know alot of stuff and the only thing that i think that has me is the questions by the time i finish reading one (practice) i already forgot what is was all about. i have really really bad comrehension skills and i know thats what will really kill me any advice on that. thanks alot.
  • Options
    12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    I don't think there is any shame in rescheduling as long as you use that extra time to study and are GOING TO TAKE THE TEST. I pushed my exam date back two weeks and am thinking about pushing my exam date this Friday back a week just to firm up on final details.

I really like the MS Press 2nd Edition book for 70-270. I like you have a average to below memory with regards to retaining details, but you can't fault yourself too much, this test covers a huge amount of data. Questions can come from quite a bit of directions.

When will I be ready to take the test?? My answer to that is this:

Know the answer to every question on the practice test that comes along with the MS 2nd Edition book (425 questions powered by Measureup) and understand why that is the answer.
    I also need to know all the details I have made into flashcard form along the way (from reading the book). I probably have about 450 details on flashcards that I will have to memorize before taking the test.

Good luck.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    try taking some practice exams, see how you do.
    witty comment
  • Options
    roydewildroydewild Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did the test today and past it with 778 points :D . Besides the studiebook I used **** testexams V13.0 and about 80% of the questions came back in the exame.
    My colleage did the test also and past it with 842 points icon_confused.gif and used the same studie methode.
    We also did the testexame from Techexams and helped us a lot
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    I withhold my congrats!

One more reason why i dont feel like taking MS certs
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    I understand
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    roydewild wrote:
    I did the test today and past it with 778 points icon_biggrin.gif . Besides the studiebook I used xxxxxxxxxx testexams V13.0 and about 80% of the questions came back in the exame.
    My colleage did the test also and past it with 842 points icon_confused.gif and used the same studie methode.

The test questions you and your friend used are called ****. They are simpy used my losers who are so damn lazy to learn inorder to get certificate and create an imaginary impression of being certified professionals. The end result is that the market gets saturated with certified dummies who go on to make a bad impression in interviews and at work thus lowering the quality and trust of certifications by employers.

Bottomline is there's a difference btn getting the certificate and acquiring skills and knowledge.
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    ombtech77ombtech77 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    roydewild wrote:
    I did the test today and past it with 778 points :D . Besides the studiebook I used xxxxxxxxxx testexams V13.0 and about 80% of the questions came back in the exame.

I hope a mod/admin forwards your information to M$ so you can lose your very undeserved cert. Braindumps are cheating and a violation of the NDA.
    CompTIA A+ Certified, CompTIA Network+ Certified